• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

whew that was close

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the wife and i have been out more than a few times, and i dont always pull my plugs because the boat doesnt set very long before we are out again. last sunday i pulled the plugs and the port was hard coming out but it did. the starboard i had to do the rope trick to get it out cause there was some sand on top, but last tuesday we decided to go out again, the plugs were dry and i just wiped the sand and crap off and wipe down the seat with my hand and i told her when we get set up i will give the plugs and seat a good wiping down. so we did that. I have the ez locks plug locker. So we get them all cleaned up and then i only find one ez lock, we look all around, moved the boat around and looked in the sand, looked up down around. we were only in a foot of water and felt with our feet for about 15 minuets, i figured it was lost so we buttoned every thing back up. Now I wonder if it fell into the hole? so i pull the plug and felt around, nothing, kept felling, still nothing. Ok i will try again and now yall have guessed it, there it was, Whew that was close, i told the wife that would have made a big mess. Not only going home on one engine but a impeller and wear ring, and being anal about some things i would have to buy both just to keep it even, so the moral to the story is CHECK EVERYTHING, then CHECK AGAIN.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My EZ lock has a lanyard that is attached to the plug lanyard. Did you lose yours or something?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jeb,
That would have made for a nice inclusion in our "what have you sucked up thread", I've told the kids to many times, it probably didn't walk off, check the last known area again and again,

don't you have a lanyard on your plugs? you can run the ez lock lanyard/wrist band to secure it to the cable so you won't lose them, check out minute 2:10 from Jeff's video,

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@haknslash,@Scottintexas yes mine have the lanyard but i dont have them connected to anything, and you are right scott, i think i would be unpresidented first one ever to do that. Im happy i dont have notch on my belt........