• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which amp for my setup

redcamel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need help matching amps to my speakers I have two pairs of PM262 and one pair of M262 for my tower. I don’t really need it super loud and don’t really care for horns so I’m staying traditional on the wake speakers. I’m just wanted it to sound good while swimming around and the deck speakers need some help.

I may pick up a second set of towers speakers, undecided at this point. After I sort this out I’ll also get a 10” or 12” sub.

Speakers replace deck speakers with two pairs of:
Rockford Fosgate PM262
75 Watts RMS / 150 Watts MAX / 4 Ohm

Add two pairs on wake tower speakers (or one pair if I decide 4 speakers are an overkill)
Rockford Fosgate M262-WAKE
75 Watts RMS / 150 Watts MAX / 4 Ohm

Amps....Whether I go one amp or two price is pretty close.
1 x JL Audio M800/8v2
75 W RMS x 8 @ 4 Ohms / 100W RMSx 8 @ 2 Ohms

2 x Rockford Fosgate M400-4D
75 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohm /100 Watts x 4 @ 2-Ohm

2 x Rockford Fosgate M600-4D
100 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohm / 150 Watts x 4 @ 2-Ohm

I also noticed this if I decide to only go with one pair of tower speakers:

JL Audio M600/6
75 W RMS x 6 @ 4 Ohms / 100W RMS x 6 @ 2 Ohms

Thoughts?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have one M400-4D and one M600-4d for that exact same setup..

The M600-4d drives the 4 in boat speakers parallel at 2Ohms on the front channel, the Sub is bridged over the rear channel
and the M400-4d drives the tower speakers bridged off both channels but run as a 2 channel amp.

redcamel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
M400-4d drives the tower speakers bridged off both channels but run as a 2 channel amp.
Bridge your pushing 200W Per channel @ 4 Ohms, how many tower speakers are you running 2 pair in the config would make me think that you are running a 2Ohm. However, I did see a spec to run bridged at 2 Ohm. Are you running the 8 or 6.5? I'm worried that the 6.5 might be over powered?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a single pair of 282 towers. With both channels bridged I get 200w per speaker at 4 ohms. They really crank with zero distortion. You cannot bridge the amp/channel and run 2 ohm at same time

redcamel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good deal...that makes sense as the 8s can take the extra power.

Are you running a I/B or enclosed sub?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Running a 10" Rockford Fosgate IB sub.

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
kthrash,

How do you like your Rockford Fosgate set up? We are in the process of setting up a new high end display in our shop and not sure what we would like to feature as of yet. We have a few choices but we are up in the air. Rockford Fosgate has really stepped up to the plate for us but this display will take up a lot of real estate. I really like to hear from end users before we make a move. We do a ton of installs but we don't get to spend a lot of time on the boats once they leave our shop.

Mike

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We do many, many , many high end audio installations and the new RF products that were just released this year seem like they really did a nice job. In addition Fusions new Signature Series has been a real winner as well. Of course the JL speaks for itself.

If you even need anything or have any questions please feel free to drop me an email. We have it all on our web site with free shipping. We are the only one that will ship ANY item for free even if it is only 50 cents or even oversized. We are committed to making sure guys get what they need and are totally happy.

Mike