• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which amp or amps needed

210FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey guys… looking to purchase an amp or amps but not sure which one/s. I have a 2021 FSH Sport. I am gathering all the components (nothing has been installed). For the head unit I have the Kicker KMC5, I have 4-Skar 6.5’s (to replace existing 4 speakers), but possibly looking to either add 2-Skar 8’s or another 2-6.5’s to the aft area or 2 tower speakers or possibly just 1 sub (still undecided). So seeing if you could give me your input and amplifier recommendation on each of the following scenarios.

4-Skar 6.5
6-Skar 6.5
4-Skar 6.5 and 2 Skar 8’s
4-Skar 6.5 and 1 Sub
4-Skar 6.5 and 2 Tower Speakers (not sure which ones, any advice would be appreciated)

Since finding amps right now is becoming difficult due to shortages, Not sure if I should go with JL M series or MHD Series?? Looking at the 900/5 or 600/4?? Or whichever amps are recommended?? Wet Sounds?? I’m new to all this and hopefully looking to only have to do it once. if you could please explain it in easy terms, lol. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help!

Last edited:

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're probably better off going with two amps because you arent going to want your subs playing the high frequencies of the component speakers. Granted you can find amps that have a dedicated sub channel but you're going to limit your choices quite a bit.

As far as tower speakers, the Wetsounds Revo 10's are pretty much the gold standard. I have a pair of them on my 19'er and they are EXTREMELY loud, to the point where people are hesitant to sit in the back seats. Maybe the Revo 8s would have been a better choice

210FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the info.

210FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone else want to throw in some input?? Trying to see if I can get something ordered soon.. basically just trying to get an amp recommendation for each of the scenarios I posted above. thanks

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would love to see some info on how you go about matching these components. I am in a similar situation where I want to upgrade the sound system, or build a new one, and I am not entirely sure how.

my boat has 3 pairs of 6.5 inch and a sub, I want to get the 3 pairs upgraded and ADD a subwoofer. How does one match the subwoofer, amp and the other speakers.

I also have the tower speakers to run.....

210FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hopefully someone will chime in soon…