• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which battery fits best

Fnguy2004

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey guys! Tons of info on this site. I just bought a Yamaha 210 fsh sport and read through a lot of the posts on here. I ended up going with a hummingbird solix 10 with the minn Kota ulterra 80lb 60” with the SI and DI. I would have liked the saltwater version, but I doubt I will use it much and the simplicity of the freshwater seems better. I plan to have a custom mount like grover70 and some others have used. We have knee boards and stuff in the changing compartment so I’m thinking the stern starboard seat will be the best for the batteries with the motor on the port. It does seem like visibility is better with motor on starboard side, but balance would be better in this situation.

A few questions I have are, does this seem like a reasonable setup? Does anyone have a 2d transducer for depth as well, or just go without? Which batteries are best and will fit in this location?I’m thinking of just going with a 2 bank charger for trolling batteries and use a battery tender on the house and starter batteries. Does water get into this compartment easy, and if so how do you manage that with the batteries?

moosenumerotres

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fnguy2004... did you ever get a response? I also have a 210 fsh sport. I will also mount an 80lb on the bow. I am thinking of using the kick space forward in the cuddy cabin to mount a 36 Volt Gel. Looks easy enough to run battery and control cable from under the helm to the third disconnect in port side battery compartment. Mine was a boat show boat so the charger was a freebie. The under helm cabin runs dry provided you don't screw in the drain plug.

Fnguy2004

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No response, but I decided I wanted that space for our knee board. So instead I will mount 2 12v just in front of the drain plug in the changing compartment in a sturdy plastic box so I can rest things on top and still have the length space.

I haven’t finished yet because we’ve been taking it out every weekend. I’m hoping for a rainy day or the fall!