• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which iPhone...??? Help...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only reason I want one at this point is for the larger screen size. Watching football at work would be a lot easier on that 6.1" screen lol.
My Note 4 is a 5.7" screen. I love this size. Big enough to actually read things on but small enough remain "not ridiculous" as a phone. This "phablet" is ideal in my experience.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My Note 4 is a 5.7" screen. I love this size. Big enough to actually read things on but small enough remain "not ridiculous" as a phone. This "phablet" is ideal in my experience.
Great to hear you like the size. The Max is only a hair longer but same width and manages to pack nearly a 6.5” screen. My concerns has been comfort but I keep hearing it’s not bad once used to it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great to hear you like the size. The Max is only a hair longer but same width and manages to pack nearly a 6.5” screen. My concerns has been comfort but I keep hearing it’s not bad once used to it.
yea, bezel size has really shrunk here lately. It makes for a much "sexier" looking device (I don't call them phone anymore, because what percentage is voice call time vs the rest of the shenanigans we use them for?!?!), but it makes it a bit harder to use. My only real complaint is when I'm trying to use it one handed and I have it in the palm of my right hand. If I try to reach to the top left of the screen with my thumb, then usually my palm will touch the screen in the lower right first. I have to "slide" the phone down in my hand a little so that I'm no longer supporting the bottom and stretch my hand across to get there. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it's usually because I'm busy and trying to do something else with my left hand. I learned 8yrs ago with my first "large" device (HTC EVO 4G...a small 4.3in in comparison, but felt huge at the time) that most times, these "phablet" devices require two hands.

Another quick note.....wardrobe consideration is important. My wife can't stand a device much larger than her S7 Edge. The pockets on her jeans aren't large enough to accommodate the device often, so I end up carrying it around instead (as well as her credit card/id/etc). If you're a skinny jean type person, then these larger devices might be a PIA to carry around with you. If you're a fanny pack, or phone holster kinda person then let 'er rip. I'm somewhere in between with appropriately not skinny, but not tight jeans, board shorts, and cargo shorts the rest of the time, (and I'm 6'2" tall) so the large phone fits in most all my wardrobe pockets without issue.

Now how I got lucky enough to marry to a woman that wears tiny jeans, and I get to wear cargo shorts......well that's a whole 'nother topic of discussion.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
awww man. Should have knocked on wood.... after my glowing review of the 6plus....annnnnd running with the cracked screen for a couple months... One of my U12 soccer kids barreled into me with his elbow last night at training and bricked it :(

Screen rainbow lines, 99% unresponsive. Worst weekend to do it. Home soccer tournament. 5000 people to contend with, and wife out of town. She got on the horn to Sprint for me, xmax was backordered. :(

8 plus on the way, for ridiculously cheap. Looks good. like a 6s only improved. we shall see!

Ill fix the screen later, and sell it or keep it, because I obviously cant handle having my own cellular device.:D

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see you went with the 7 plus. My wife and I just upgraded and I got the XS and she got the XR. The XR is a pretty good deal for anyone looking for input. It has all the newest tech, 6.1" screen and is $750 which is pretty good compared the XS and XS Max which start at $1,000. I am really digging the edge to edge screen and no home button.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see you went with the 7 plus. My wife and I just upgraded and I got the XS and she got the XR. The XR is a pretty good deal for anyone looking for input. It has all the newest tech, 6.1" screen and is $750 which is pretty good compared the XS and XS Max which start at $1,000. I am really digging the edge to edge screen and no home button.
the xs is awesome! wife just got that one.... the camera though, takes RIDICULOUS photos. She sent me one from her girls trip at a winery, looked like a brochure photo. LOL the multi focus is pretty sweet.

pleased with the 8 plus so far..... no complaints.