• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which is the best yacht management software in 2021?

Dim T

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
As we are moving into 2021, I was looking for solutions that could help me manage the maintenance of my boat.

Currently, I have given this newcomer a try: PlanM8

They say that the idea is for yacht maintenance software to be as easy to use as Trello.
In my experience, the service was tailor-made for my yacht. A complete inventory of all components, organized by system. Periodic tasks for each component (either by date or by meter). An automatically generated calendar.
That’s about it.

What are some other alternatives, that you think I should look into?

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is this a commercial?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Or phishing for malware suspects. I know I ain’t clicking that link....

1st post and comes on a jet boat forum talking about yacht management software and posts links....um red flags for me.

Dim T

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I have a 2018 Scarab 195 G, and no it's not a commercial. It's not about them, just shared my experience, and looking for advice. I know I don't have my maintenance always in check, had a big issue caused by corrosion of my anodes (had magnesium ones riding in saltwater - yes now I do know better), but this experience, just made me research the topic and currently looking for some tips and recommendations.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2018 Scarab 195 G, and no it's not a commercial. It's not about them, just shared my experience, and looking for advice. I know I don't have my maintenance always in check, had a big issue caused by corrosion of my anodes (had magnesium ones riding in saltwater - yes now I do know better), but this experience, just made me research the topic and currently looking for some tips and recommendations.
If you need software management for your maintenance, the dealer deserve to get your money lol

Dim T

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Hah, maybe he did, but regardless not talking about "software management for your maintenance", talkin about software as apps, websites, amongst other tech that helps just to track everything for maintenance as recommended part replacements, reminders for the regular maintenance and so on. At moment's when I'm dealing with loads of other things, it's hard to remember when things need to be checked up on, so does anyone have some recommendations?

digitalthug916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hah, maybe he did, but regardless not talking about "software management for your maintenance", talkin about software as apps, websites, amongst other tech that helps just to track everything for maintenance as recommended part replacements, reminders for the regular maintenance and so on. At moment's when I'm dealing with loads of other things, it's hard to remember when things need to be checked up on, so does anyone have some recommendations?
Use excel. Make a list.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is the first I have ever heard of anybody wanting/needing "Yacht Management Software" for the maintenance of a 19' jet boat. If you feel it is absolutely necessary, I agree with digitalthug, consult your manual and build a simple excel spreadsheet. Jetboats are just not that complicated.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a sucker for a good app and did investigate such apps early on. Most had poor interfaces and took so long to enter everything about my boat that I didn't keep them at all.

I am now using Google Tasks. Just set a recurring task for changing the oil or whatever. And then I use it for all of the other crap I need to do as well. Works for me...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was holding off on mentioning this, but since there is thread I will. I had the same experience as @tdonoughue so I decided to develop one that would actually work and made sense.

Hang Outdoors, Inc is soft launching a new watercraft management and tracking web application in the next couple/few days. It has been in a closed Beta for a while now (months actually) and is exiting Beta 4 and going into production (Soft Launch). I will be publishing the information in a thread here and there will also be an exclusive discount as well as increased storage for JetBoaters.Net Members only. The information will be available in the Vendors Section.

We pride ourselves at Hang Outdoors® , Inc. in providing software and applications for the outdoor industry. If it is something you are interested in, it would be great if you come take a look. There is a 14 day no cost/no card guilt free trial. It won't be for everyone, but our Beta Testers have enjoyed where it is starting from. Plus we are updating and adding features on a 2 week cycle

Anyhow I don't want to get ahead of myself. More info and the link to the website will be shared this week. There are a couple of workflows that are being enhanced and tested at this very moment and once I get sign off from QA we will send it live.

1614741190306.png

1614740207978.png

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was holding off on mentioning this, but since there is thread I will. I had the same experience as @tdonoughue so I decided to develop one that would actually work and made sense.

Hang Outdoors, Inc is soft launching a new watercraft management and tracking web application in the next couple/few days. It has been in a closed Beta for a while now (months actually) and is exiting Beta 4 and going into production (Soft Launch). I will be publishing the information in a thread here and there will also be an exclusive discount as well as increased storage for JetBoaters.Net Members only. The information will be available in the Vendors Section.

We pride ourselves at Hang Outdoors® , Inc. in providing software and applications for the outdoor industry. If it is something you are interested in, it would be great if you come take a look. There is a 14 day no cost/no card guilt free trial. It won't be for everyone, but our Beta Testers have enjoyed where it is starting from. Plus we are updating and adding features on a 2 week cycle

Anyhow I don't want to get ahead of myself. More info and the link to the website will be shared this week. There are a couple of workflows that are being enhanced and tested at this very moment and once I get sign off from QA we will send it live.

View attachment 143385

View attachment 143384
That looks good!
I'll be darned, where were you when I was starting my mods on this yammie, lol?

Keep us posted.
FWIW, I use Toyota "my car" or whatever they call it, to keep track of service for our family (toyota) trucks, would consider something similar to keep track of boat maintenance and mods.

--

Dim T

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
That looks good!
I'll be darned, where were you when I was starting my mods on this yammie, lol?

Keep us posted.
FWIW, I use Toyota "my car" or whatever they call it, to keep track of service for our family (toyota) trucks, would consider something similar to keep track of boat maintenance and mods.

--
That's what I was thinking!

@HangOutdoors great to hear would love to try it out! Good job m8

motomandan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

View attachment 143385

View attachment 143384
What a coincidence!

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So basically an AI based app to send reminders to our significant others that we need to spend either time or money on the boat due to "maintenance reasons". ;). "Alexa keeps telling me we need to run and check the boat engines...better get on that!" " Or Google home keeps saying we need to do the stereo battery test...recommending running the stereo while anchored for several hours...it says we should do that this weekend based on the weather."

I'm starting to see more logic here....

Just remember this comeback....."but when you told me we should buy this boat you said it had lower maintenance."

Response: "I don't know what to tell you. Its not me...it's the app telling me to do it."

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So basically an AI based app to send reminders to our significant others that we need to spend either time or money on the boat due to "maintenance reasons". ;). "Alexa keeps telling me we need to run and check the boat engines...better get on that!" " Or Google home keeps saying we need to do the stereo battery test...recommending running the stereo while anchored for several hours...it says we should do that this weekend based on the weather."

I'm starting to see more logic here....

Just remember this comeback....."but when you told me we should buy this boat you said it had lower maintenance."

Response: "I don't know what to tell you. Its not me...it's the app telling me to do it."
As a follow-up...my son needs a summer job...so you can program his cell phone # into you telephone as "Yamaha Motors Maintenance System: and he'll send you a text when you want indicating you need to do XYZ on the boat." $1 a text....or we'll just create a self service app for that....

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
From the first post, I was not seeing it. As a "yacht" has many moving parts, systems and multiple engines for propulsion, HVAC, generator, water, septic etc. Our boats have so few, it's easy to manage.

But from a multi-powersport owner, I could see a use just to manage multiple toys, or implements. If all I had was the boat, I know I have a mental checklist for spring and fall, done. Or I put it on the service page in the manual and document it.

But better yet, if you are a multi-season, multi-sport guy, then you have more to manage. My Polaris General offers this in the Ride Command app. And you can add in multiple Polaris toys to manage. All good if all you have is Polaris.

But when you have 1-2 boats, 1-2 Waverunners, Motorcycle, SXS, ATV, 1-3 Snowmobiles, Zero Turn Lawn mower, Roto-Tiller, Gas Ice Auger, Log Splitters, Generators etc all with gas engines, the maintenance schedule can get interesting.

Bandit.jpg