• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which is the negative and which is the positive

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know the negative is usually black but want to verify. This is the courtesy light on a 2011 sx240

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    729.5 KB · Views: 26
If you do not have a multimeter use one of your LED strips to test it. LEDs only flow current in one direction. You will not harm them by connecting backwards.

black is always negative

black is always negative

This is what I always thought as well but for some stupid reason beyond me the black wire on the kicker km led speakers is the positive and the and the color wire is the negative who ever came up with that should be smacked.

I guess a volt meter is the way to check but like you said who would do that with dc current, ac current the black is hot.

For AC circuits the black wire is the "Hot". Lots of colors are used in different ways in automotive and marine applications. The wiring chart should says what is what. I just put a multimeter to it to determine.

Yes, I seem to recall the black wire going to my battery for all the non-engine stuff is ... positive.

<slams face on desk>

Back