• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which One? 2012 or 2014 - 242 Limited S

xtremesport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking at getting my first Yamaha 242 Limited S, coming from a Crownline 266BR with 7.4L big block. Looking forward to a more agile boat for watersports and one without outdrive for the kids. I have found two for sale at dealers (somewhat locally).

1. 2012 - 242 limited S with only 3.6 - a family divorce sale. Use for 3 time in 2013 and 1 in 2014. Then has sat indoors winterized. Basically new
OR.....
2. 2014 - 242 limited S with 118 hours. 1 owner traded in on newer Yamaha. Appears to be on good shape.

Both are listed at the same price and color (Black). So two years newer or less hours? Were there many advancements or upgrades on the 2014 that the 2012 wouldn't have. 2012 is 5.5 hours away and the 2014 is 2.5 hours away, not a big deal.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Although the 12 was winterized... I would be most worried about it sitting for so long. If you are saying it only has 3.6 hours (am I reading that right)? I would make the assumption that since it never came close to 10 it never got broken in properly.

118 is nothing on these boats! Go for the 2014 IMO. As for changes. Not much at all other than some fit and finish changes. 15 was the big change.

Good luck man. You will love it!