• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which one is better

aggie1153

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hi.
I have been thinking about buying a jet engine boat. Am debating which brand the Yamaha jet boats and Chapparrell jet engine boats. So. Which is better? I will go to 2022 boat show in house on Jan 26th. And will see the difference. I would like to get your opinions of the boat owners who had jet engine boats. Thinking of Yamaha 250 se. Have not look into Chapparrell boats yet. Pls advice. Thanks guys.

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I purchased a Yamaha last year and am very happy with it. However, this is my first boat so I do not have any other points of reference.
And just to clarify, the engines that power the Yamaha boats are 1.8 liter gasoline engines. They are very reliable and a lot of fun. I highly recommend!

aggie1153

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks for replying. I have been leading on toward to buy Yamaha 252 Se. Since I have two Yamaha jet skis. I loved it. That's why Yamaha is best.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I could be wrong, but I thought that Chaparral was getting out of the jet boat market to focus on OB's?

Jim

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I've owned both Yamaha and Chaparral. Both great boats but Chap is awesome. I would never go back. Chaps are more expensive but worth it IMO. They have many features Yamaha does not have. With all that said, Yes, Chaparral jet boats are done. Until someone picks up the line (like Seadoo or Scarab), I would not buy one especially if this was my first boat. No way! There are several Yamaha dealers across the country making maintenance and warranty hassle free. You'll be very happy with Yamaha 252se. Very nice boat. Good luck!

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm a Yamaha Fan Boy in general but as my first "boat" it was a greater Starter Package and has been very reliable 4 years in now.