• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which one?!!!

Cuffup

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
i own a glastron GT 205 but looking into getting a newer boat. Going to be looking at the scarab 2014 195HO Impulse tomorrow with 35 hours... reading some scary reviews here... any suggestions??? Is it super loud jet boat? Should I steer clear or ??? Help needed thank you.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will you have an opportunity to get out on the water with it? It will almost certainly be significantly louder than your 205. It might have other characteristics that offset that, though. I would encourage anybody considering any of the jets (or really any boat) to water test before plunking down your funds.

Cuffup

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Yes tomorrow I’m going to test it out. I’ve only owned I/O boats but heard for rivers jet is great. Just concerned is scarab a reliable brand?

Cuffup

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Is scarab reliable??

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don’t know. They run Rotax engines, which themselves should be reliable if properly maintained. Personally I would lean toward Yamaha just because I had one and know it was reliable. 100% reliable over 5 years.

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think most Scarabs are going to be reliable. This forum/the internet can be misleading in a sense, because most average boaters aren’t going online to talk about their relatively uneventful, issue free day at the lake. Most people are either going online to solve a problem, complain, do research, or modify their boat. I would the issue people bring up overshadow the positives by A LOT. I have had mine since it was new and no major problems and I use the sh#t out of it. I have had more issues with my old Lexus GS350 and Silverado than I have had with my Scarab 195. I would say my biggest problem is that it isn’t the new Scarab 255 ID Open. Man I want that boat but it’s more than double the price than my 195. It will happen. I just have to wait until we move or I get lucky and break down the old lady’s responsibility barrier.

No one can guarantee you’re not going to have issues because there is ALWAYS a chance of something happening but I can tell you I’m glad I ended up with the Scarab over the Yamaha 190. I like the bench seat for the co captain spot better in the Yammi but that’s it. Not saying it’s bad by any means but IMO, Scarab is nicer and easier to control.

Last edited:

Cuffup

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I think most Scarabs are going to be reliable. This forum/the internet can be misleading in a sense, because most average boaters aren’t going online to talk about their relatively uneventful, issue free day at the lake. Most people are either going online to solve a problem, complain, do research, or modify their boat. I would the issue people bring up overshadow the positives by A LOT. I have had mine since it was new and no major problems and I use the sh#t out of it. I have had more issues with my old Lexus GS350 and Silverado than I have had with my Scarab 195. I would say my biggest problem is that it isn’t the new Scarab 255 ID Open. Man I want that boat but it’s more than double than my 195.

No one can guarantee you’re not going to have issues because there is ALWAYS a chance of something happening but I can tell you I’m glad I ended up with the Scarab over the Yamaha 190. I like the bench seat for the co captain spot better in the Yammi but that’s it. Not saying it’s bad by any means but IMO, Scarab is nicer and easier to control.
Thank you! That is very true regarding the reason why people go on these forums...