• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who has Upgraded/added Speaker locations FSH 195/190s Pics

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looking for Locations others have used to mount additional speakers on FSH 190/195s. I have a 2021 FSH 195 Sport. before you flame me I searched the forums for FSH 190 or 195 speakers, upgrades, audio, speaker ect... got a few hits with 210s but no luck with 195/190.

I am considering 2 or 4 additional speakers under the gunnels on each side. If I go with 2 for now they will go up front opposite the front center console seat so the passengers up front can, hopefully hear the music while we are underway. I can just wire the 2 new speakers to the unused outputs of the factory Jensen head unit. just looking for a little more sound. Nothing crazy high end. I have installed plenty of Car stereo since I was a teenager trying to support my early hearing loss goals and for my grown kids in their cars. I plan to go with the factory 6.5" speakers for now. Pretty inexpensive off amazon and some marine grade speaker wire.

I am not interested in Tower speakers on the T-Top since I have to remove the T-Top for storage in my garage. Damn HOA!!

Appreciate any suggestions.

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you have the tower, I would think it more effective and efficient to mount speakers on the tower. No holes in fiberglass and no vibrations in the hall.

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You could probably up grade the speaker system in the center console for a more quality bass sound.

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You could probably upgrade the speaker system in the center console for a more quality bass sound.
I will not add speakers to the T-Top (Tower) since that is added weight and I remove the T-Top top half off the boat weekly (alone physically, lift & carry down the transom) to store the boat in the garage in the summer due to the HOA. It is a manageable weight now.

The center console only has 2 speakers. The factory radio has 4 speaker outputs. 2 are not currently used. I do not think there will be any vibrations in the hull as long as the speakers are mounted solidly with some high density foam between the speaker and the hull. I am looking at mounting a speaker on each side of the gunnels opposite the forward facing seat in front of the center console. Hopefully speakers in that location will allow the people in the bow to hear the music while we are underway.

I may cut out the center of the 3 rod holders on each side of the center console and mount an 8" speaker there. Future project. Was just hoping to see what others had done.

pkwil22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I replaced my factory head unit with a Kicker KMC5 and replaced the factory 6.5's speakers on the console with Skar Audio 8's and the front 6.5's speakers with Skar Audio 6.5's as well. I had to cut out the holes as the replacements have a larger footprint. I also installed (2) additional 6.5's just below the rear seats and combined with a Skar Audio 4-channel amp it sounds amazing! I intend on installing the radio remote on the swim platform and adding another pair of Skar 6.5's in the near future.

Attachments

Cowboy14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have this exact same setup regarding the Skar amp and 6.5s up front and 8s on the center console. Ran power and ground directly to the house battery. Now my house battery alarm keeps going off after only a short period of time with the radio playing while running on the water. I mean to say that I am running wide open for about 20 minutes to a spot and then shutting it down to fish and suddenly (5 minutes) the house alarm goes off saying to start the boat to charge the battery. starting battery is still fine. I have both switches turned on when running. I don't have the yellow emergency switch on. I thought the alternators were supposed to charge the starting battery first and then automatically start charging the house. House battery is only about 12 months old and not used very often but kept charged during winter etc... Really starting to think I have damaged it or got a bad one to start out with. 1000 watt amp might be killing it faster than I can charge it back up also?

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was instructed by the dealership rep to turn all switches on including the yellow. I had the same problem when I left the yellow off.

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have this exact same setup regarding the Skar amp and 6.5s up front and 8s on the center console. Ran power and ground directly to the house battery. Now my house battery alarm keeps going off after only a short period of time with the radio playing while running on the water. I mean to say that I am running wide open for about 20 minutes to a spot and then shutting it down to fish and suddenly (5 minutes) the house alarm goes off saying to start the boat to charge the battery. starting battery is still fine. I have both switches turned on when running. I don't have the yellow emergency switch on. I thought the alternators were supposed to charge the starting battery first and then automatically start charging the house. House battery is only about 12 months old and not used very often but kept charged during winter etc... Really starting to think I have damaged it or got a bad one to start out with. 1000 watt amp might be killing it faster than I can charge it back up also?
I was instructed by the dealership rep to turn all switches on including the yellow. I had the same problem when I left the yellow off.
You are potentially draining your Start battery by turning on the yellow switch since it parallels the to batteries together. The better option, in my opinion is, to add a second house battery, hence doubling your Reserve capacity.

I added a second house under the helm, placed on top of the white panels covering the fuel tank as far to the starboard side as possible. I order 10 ft 2 ga marine grade battery cables and put them in a PVC sleeve, separately (Ground and Positive), to protect them. Ordered from here already connectorized since I did not have the proper crimp tools for 2 Ga cable. Quality Copper Battery Cables Made in the USA! - BatteryCablesUSA

I ordered a group 27 battery box, Battery box amazon and picked up a group 27 Everstart Marine battery for $85 at walmart.
Not a high dollar upgrade but I have no problems running on the house batteries for hours, granted with the factory audio system. Never a low voltage alarm. Also running my Simrad Cruise 9 and VHF radio at the same time.

Yes I know I am mixing group 24 (Factory 81 ah) with a group 27 (109 ah) battery and one is a year newer than the other. Not a big deal in my opinion. I inspect them regularly use a NOCO 3 bank maintainer.

Cowboy14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You are potentially draining your Start battery by turning on the yellow switch since it parallels the to batteries together. The better option, in my opinion is, to add a second house battery, hence doubling your Reserve capacity.

I added a second house under the helm, placed on top of the white panels covering the fuel tank as far to the starboard side as possible. I order 10 ft 2 ga marine grade battery cables and put them in a PVC sleeve, separately (Ground and Positive), to protect them. Ordered from here already connectorized since I did not have the proper crimp tools for 2 Ga cable. Quality Copper Battery Cables Made in the USA! - BatteryCablesUSA

I ordered a group 27 battery box, Battery box amazon and picked up a group 27 Everstart Marine battery for $85 at walmart.
Not a high dollar upgrade but I have no problems running on the house batteries for hours, granted with the factory audio system. Never a low voltage alarm. Also running my Simrad Cruise 9 and VHF radio at the same time.

Yes I know I am mixing group 24 (Factory 81 ah) with a group 27 (109 ah) battery and one is a year newer than the other. Not a big deal in my opinion. I inspect them regularly use a NOCO 3 bank maintainer.
Thanks, I may do this or I might just replace my house starting battery with a bigger capacity or deep cycle marine one. I was trying to avoid mixing them because deep cycle batteries don’t really help in an emergency starting situation, if that ever occurred. I really don’t sit at the beach blasting tunes. It’s generally while I’m driving or if I’m fishing and have the motor off with tunes relatively low. So, I actually don’t have a high demand scenario, but I think my house battery was fine until I added this stereo upgrade.

jpoey2210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey Scott any update on what you decided for those 2 additional speakers? I bought my '22 195 also this past summer and told myself early '23 I would upgrade and add to the lackluster factory system. Curious to know where you ended up placing those 2 speakers. @SCSCOTT

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
28EA3342-2011-4DC5-87CD-2B6618797233.jpeg

EDB81F2E-A820-4433-9B11-E0DA0B6BF1AC.jpeg

I put them here. Used a 5” hole saw off Amazon and some marine grade speaker wire. I soldered them into the factory wiring at the helm.
For our general use they are good. Folks up front can hear the music now when under way. This small addition does not break the bank. The system could use some Bass. There is 1.5-2” of clearance behind the speakers. So you could go with a speaker with a deeper mounting depth than the factory Jensens. Maybe an inch deeper to be safe.

if you remove the tackle storage on the port side front it makes it easier to route the wires towards the helm. Or a 12 YO with skinny arms once you cut the 5” hole.

5 inch HSS BI Metal Hole Saw Cutter 1-1/2" Depth with Big Arbor for Wood Metal https://a.co/d/ce96r0W

GearIT 16/2 Marine Wire (50 Feet) 16AWG Gauge - Tinned OFC Copper/Marine Grade Speaker Cable/Duplex / 2 Conductors - OFC Oxygen-Free Copper, White 50ft https://a.co/d/2btXEtF

Last edited:

jpoey2210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
View attachment 193183

View attachment 193184

I put them here. Used a 5” hole saw off Amazon and some marine grade speaker wire. I soldered them into the factory wiring at the helm.
For our general use they are good. Folks up front can hear the music now when under way. This small addition does not break the bank. The system could use some Bass. There is 1.5-2” of clearance behind the speakers. So you could go with a speaker with a deeper mounting depth than the factory Jensens. Maybe an inch deeper to be safe.

if you remove the tackle storage on the port side front it makes it easier to route the wires towards the helm. Or a 12 YO with skinny arms once you cut the 5” hole.

5 inch HSS BI Metal Hole Saw Cutter 1-1/2" Depth with Big Arbor for Wood Metal https://a.co/d/ce96r0W

GearIT 16/2 Marine Wire (50 Feet) 16AWG Gauge - Tinned OFC Copper/Marine Grade Speaker Cable/Duplex / 2 Conductors - OFC Oxygen-Free Copper, White 50ft https://a.co/d/2btXEtF
You're the man. I like this location and you did a nice job it seems, I think this will be route I take for mine.
Appreciate it sir!