• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who has USAA insurance, Esurance?

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok let me have the skinny on both, I need to change my insurance company, I am currently with State Farm, and have been for the last 24 years. I think the premiems are to high. I have not had a clam in the last 20 yrs and it seems like it allways going up. Any way i am a vet so i am eligable for USAA, but would like to hear some pros and cons on both. Or if you have or know of a good insurance company. I am looking to combine auto, home, boat, right now i have all 3 under different ins.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
USAA no longer does boat insurance, they farm it out to progressive which you supposedly get a discount. I use USAA for all my other insurance and have been very satisfied. I even bank with USAA and enjoy their services and conveniences.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have had USAA since 1976 for everything except recreational vehicles (boat, motorcycle, & snowmobiles) and have had several claims over the years without a single rate increase because of them. At one time USAA would insure recreational vehicle but as andy07sx230ho said they now push you off to Progressive for them and I have found that they do not have the best rates for them.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have USAA and have been fairly happy with them. There rates are very good, but i did have one auto claim (maybe $2000 in damage) and my rates increased $60 a month. That was 5 years ago!!! that has been my only claim in 11 years. With the increase they more than made of the $2000 and rates still havent gone down. Seemed excessive to me for a minor dent and new mirror.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat US beat all the "normal" insurance companies' rates for boat insurance for me. I don't know any first hand experience on the other companies you listed. For auto, I use Geico. But, Boat US has incredibly great rates for boat insurance.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
USAA for everything, except boat and wife's wedding rings, for my entire life. Like @farrelltravis I found that Boat US is way cheaper and better coverage. Highly recommend Jewelers Mutual for rings. My wife lost hers in lake texoma and we got replacements, with an upgrade of course, with no increase or issues.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been with Usaa for a long time, banking and insurance. I love the banking and I LIKE the insurance.
I got a better deal with geico/BoatUS for the boat than I could with Progressive.

Usaa has really pissed me off dealing with this accident I just had, but they aren't filing fault against either of us and swear our rates aren't going up.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I was with USAA until the boat was pushed to Progressive. I am suppose to renew this week for $507.00 if paid in full.
@ArmyChief I think I will call about the Sign and Glide and see what it does to my policy.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have USAA for Home and Auto insurance, but boat is insured with Geico written by Seaworthy Insurance. I have had several claims over the years with USAA and they have been great.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get quotes from everyone. They should all be free. If you are basing it off price that is the best way to do it. If you value other stuff like being able to visit offices (State Farm, Farmers, Progressive in certain areas, etc.), or phone based customer service (USAA, Geico, Esurance, etc.). There will be horror stories and great stories from members of all companies so if your price, level of service are met, level of coverage for the price are met then you will be set. I personally like having personal customer service from people that know my name when I walk into me local State Farm office, so I pay a little bit more for that level of service and higher than required coverage levels. Paying more for insurance kind of sucks but I know I will be well taken care of if I need to use it.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Paying more for insurance kind of sucks but I know I will be well taken care of if I need to use it.
You HOPE you'll be better taken care of. Don't dismiss internet companies cause they don't have a local office. Many institutions pass the savings of no brick and mortar on to their customers.

I do due diligences on ANY product/company/service. If it's just as good (relative..I know)...I'll take the savings.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You HOPE you'll be better taken care of. Don't dismiss internet companies cause they don't have a local office. Many institutions pass the savings of no brick and mortar on to their customers.

I do due diligences on ANY product/company/service. If it's just as good (relative..I know)...I'll take the savings.
I don't dismiss them at all. I actually came from Geico when I was on active duty which had no stores to visit. They beat USAA and everyone else for my needs. Once I bought a house and added homeowners coverage, they were not able to beat who I now have. I am not trying to sway anyone away from internet companies or brick and mortar companies. Simply saying that for ME paying a little extra is worth it. Its definitely not for everyone.

That said I review what rates I am paying at the end of each year and shop around to see if there is a better deal out there for my needs. I will be doing that again this year in September.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had a USAA account surplus nice I returned from Fort Drum. In the past few years, IMHO they have deviated from their original mission.

I found and opened an account with Navy Federal a few years ago. They've been better with banking.

USAA won't write homeowners in Florida, or Motorcycle (they use Progressive).

So, I have no need for USAA..right now anyway.

With Progressives Sign & Glide program...that works best for me