• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Whole boat Sun shade?

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Rigger the sunshade looks awesome, but I was distracted by a couple of other pictures!

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The yamaha full boat shade looks like it would work well, how much time setting it up and taking it down?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think when you go to try and get a big extension made, you may find, depending on geography, that your cost will be significantly higher than $500-600. Our bimini is about a $500 feature by itself, add another $500 for the bow, and $500 for the stern, if you make it big enough to cover the swim deck too. Now you may be able to shave some $$$, but I think getting one for $600 is a bargain and probably a one time deal. So the shade that @Rigger has, I think @JetBoatPilot mentioned he sold it, is a great bargain and much easier to use. But I haven't used it, so I don't know that for certain. I did have the bimini extension for my 230, and it wasn't horrible, but it did take 10 minutes to assemble and get put up, same on the take down...dodging everyone trying to get stuff back in the boat. I am on board with you, wish I had more shade! I don't have the tower, so the big shade is out for me.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use the table leg on the swim deck for a large patio umbrella holder. It shades the swim deck pretty well. It will also tilt. You could mount another table leg holder at the bow and use anther table leg with umbrella at the bow. Essentially the Bimini with a bow and aft umbrella

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get a lot of use out of the rear Bimini extension on relentlessly sunny days. I'll usually hang towels along the front edge using these clips

image.jpg
Use a good size beach towel and it covers the windshield too.

We are planning a boat camping trip this summer and I should probably get some use out of the bow tent I've been carrying around for since forever.

I don't have any photos of it on my boat, here's a stock photo:

image.jpg

:cool:

DonWon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I've been using the bimini clips for years. They work great for when my kids take a nap on the boat, and they help dry wet towels.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For the bimini clips I am assuming mine would be 7/8" tubing?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just bought some!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I made my own clips using sections of pvc with the correct inside diameter and then cut out a section to allow me to clip them to the bimini. They work great and were very cheap.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm watching this thread. From what I gather..the Yamaha sunshade (same one sold by JBP) would still be short covering the whole boat. Will even stated this.
I'm thinking of developing a lightweight, tent fabric, style system for my 192. It would also offer mosquito netting for those nights its needed.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm watching this thread. From what I gather..the Yamaha sunshade (same one sold by JBP) would still be short covering the whole boat. Will even stated this.
I'm thinking of developing a lightweight, tent fabric, style system for my 192. It would also offer mosquito netting for those nights its needed.
Did you ever get a chance to do this? I've been playing with ideas for how to create shade and also bug screening.

Donny Hudson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where can I buy that ? I’m wondering if it will fit my 2005 SX230 ?

When I was looking into having a bigger shade/bimini made someone sent me this pic of a YJB forum member's ("bucks448 or buck448", I think) full bimini for his SX190. This maybe more of what you described.

View attachment 10359

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can’t buy that off the shelf, it was custom made at a cost of $1500 or so at the time, years ago.