• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who's grill mount is this?!?!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was flipping through some pictures of jetboats I had saved (yes I know I should seek help), and found this.....

2018-05-21.png

Anyone know who's boat that is? Secondarily, any idea where I can find that grill/mount combo?!?!

Thank you sir.

I can't believe that grill is $400. Is that thing worth the money? What makes it better than a coleman propane grill?

Thank you sir.

I can't believe that grill is $400. Is that thing worth the money? What makes it better than a coleman propane grill?
I must have gotten it on some sale, no way this is worth $400...
It works. It's a small propane gas grill.
The mount is good/solid, I think I rode around with it still up a couple of times.

--

I must have gotten it on some sale, no way this is worth $400...
It works. It's a small propane gas grill.
The mount is good/solid, I think I rode around with it still up a couple of times.

--
Gotcha. I wasn't thinking it was worth that either.

Magma® Newport™ Gourmet Gas Grill

That is the grill as linked from the other thread.

I was thinking about one of these, and then just putting a table on the top of the leg instead of the grill

RoadTrip® LX Grill

Still have to find the leg and attachment bracket though.....

Magma Cabo models go on sale for $150 occasionally. They are missing the thermometer and starter compared to the more expensive models. My Cabo has been to Bimini 5 times and still works like new.

The round Magma’s are less expensive and double as a stove burner.

Kuuma grills are a less expensive option https://jetboaters.net/threads/kuuma-grills.1165/

Magma Cabo models go on sale for $150 occasionally. They are missing the thermometer and starter compared to the more expensive models. My Cabo has been to Bimini 5 times and still works like new.

The round Magma’s are less expensive and double as a stove burner.

Kuuma grills are a less expensive option https://jetboaters.net/threads/kuuma-grills.1165/

Those prices (on eBay and such) looks much more agreeable. I really need to spend a few minutes near the back of the boat and figure out where I want a grill when I'm cooking, and how I'm going to mount the thing.

How do you guys handle storage? Just wait a bit until it cools down and stow it under a rear seat? What about grease and such? How does that work?

The boss is really wanting to spend more time on the water this year, and with that comes the need to eat more than Subway on the way there, and be off before dinner. There's been some discussion of having some "full days" this year that are to include lunch and dinner on the water. Since I don't want two rounds of sandwiches, I need to either figure out how to get uber to bring food to the dock, or get a grill mounted :D

I line mine with tin foil and throw it away after. No mess and the grill is barely dirty after.

The exterior of these grills gets really hot really fast. My grill is mounted on the bow so it does not interfere with traffic at the swim deck. It also cools quickly while you are eating.

Mine is stored in the head compartment in a Magma bag.

Those prices (on eBay and such) looks much more agreeable. I really need to spend a few minutes near the back of the boat and figure out where I want a grill when I'm cooking, and how I'm going to mount the thing.

How do you guys handle storage? Just wait a bit until it cools down and stow it under a rear seat? What about grease and such? How does that work?

The boss is really wanting to spend more time on the water this year, and with that comes the need to eat more than Subway on the way there, and be off before dinner. There's been some discussion of having some "full days" this year that are to include lunch and dinner on the water. Since I don't want two rounds of sandwiches, I need to either figure out how to get uber to bring food to the dock, or get a grill mounted :D
We have a Magma Newport II. It does heat up quickly. We try to not cook too many burgers. Skewered seafood, meats and veggies cook and clean up well. We have precooked ribs, brought them on board in a "hot" cooler and reheated/basted sauce on the grille. Obviously, my avatar shows it on the swim platform, which works for us. We too stow it in a magma bag under the starboard cockpit seat. It slides into and fills the rear of the compartment, under the "pisser" hoses, outboard of/next to the engine bay, I tell myself it helps to block some noise. It is tough to access the ladder with it in place, off to the side would be more favorable.

Last edited:
Back