• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD WI 2006 Yamaha SX230 HO

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I purchased this boat in late September of 2019 from Team Winnebagoland which is a Yamaha dealer in Oshkosh WI. I took it on a 20 minute test drive, signed the paperwork, and the following week it went into heated storage for the winter. I didn’t want to waste time with the purchase process once spring rolled around - I got a fair deal and pulled the trigger. It’s the first boat that I’ve ever owned and I didn’t want to sink a bunch of money into a newer boat only to find out that the lifestyle wasn’t for me. After being on the water for a few months I’m completely smitten and have decided to upgrade to a newer Yamaha.

I'm pricing the boat at $18,900 and am firm. I'm basing this on what I paid for it last September and the roughly $3000 that I've put into it since. If it does not sell I will store it (friend owns a pole barn so I can store it for free) and put it back up for sale in the spring.

The boat was mostly stock when I got it and it didn’t have any upgrades from what I could tell. It had 122 hours on the engines and I’m guessing that I’ve put around 25-30 hours on it this season. I don’t have the Yamaha YDS software to prove the number of hours at purchase but I do have the email string from my sales guy where he clearly states this. These are the high output 160HP MR-1 engines that are pretty much bullet proof. The “Hight Output” decal on the starboard side was worn away when I bought it so I had both of them removed by the dealer before the boat went in the water. The early photos shown below that the sales guy sent me have the decals present for reference. Other than three tubing outings we’ve mostly cruised to places for food/drink and relaxing at the sandbar. With just me and my girlfriend in the boat we’ve gotten it up to 45mph at 9500rpm - I have not pushed it past that point as it's plenty of speed for us. We had one outing this year where we had two adults and eight teenagers in the boat and went out tubing. It was a bit tight - I think 8 max is best for comfort - but we had no trouble pulling the tube and cruising around.

It has been pretty much flawless since I got it on the water in early May. The gas gauge seemed stuck during my first two times out but has since started working as expected. The speedometer works but it seems to be a bit slower than my GPS which is not unusual.

It came with the white travel cover with the red Yamaha lettering and a white Shorelander trailer with new tires. The trailer has been used three times since I’ve owned it, once from the dealer to the storage facility last September, another trip back to the dealer in May to have them run it up for the season, and the final trip to the marina where the boat is currently dry stacked - it has been sitting at the marina since then. I’m guessing that it’s been moved a grand total of about 40 miles.

This is what I’ve done to it since I’ve owned it:

• A factory OEM mooring cover - grey with white Yamaha lettering. The cover does have a tear on the rear port side where someone rubbed up against my hull while it was docked. There is a photo of the tear attached - it does not affect the cover from an operational standpoint.
  • Thrust Vectors installed at Team Winnebagoland.
  • A second battery with selection switch installed at Sweetwater Performance Center.
  • A new Garmin Echomap Plus 63cv plotter and fish finder installed at Sweetwater Performance Center. Transducer is mounted on the transom and has worked great even at high speeds. This model Garmin has the “depth range shading” chart overlay (green, orange, red) so you can easily see if you’re getting into shallow water just by glancing at it.
  • The hull was cleaned by Sweetwater Performance Center three weeks ago and I waxed it with Star Brite Cleaner Wax using a 6” random orbital polisher to apply and a 10” random orbital polisher to buff/remove.
  • New bimini cover. This is not the bimini, it’s the cover that goes over it when it’s not deployed. The original one got scuffed up when I got a little too close to the bottom of a bridge my first day out. It didn’t damage the bimini itself but cover didn’t look so good and it drove me nuts to look at it. I had a new one fabricated out of heavy canvas at a local boat upholstery shop and the Yamaha text/logo screen printed on so it looks OEM - turned out great.
The boat will come with the all of the stuff mentioned above and a danforth-style fluke anchor and anchor line that came with the boat.

The bottom of the boat and the port side look very good. The starboard side has a couple of small dull spots in the gel coat - maybe 2” in diameter. The upholstery is in good condition for a 14 years old boat - no tears or seems that are separating. There is one scuff and a couple of small stains on the back of the transom cushion that folds down and the port side cushion adjacent to it. I have used 303 protectant on the vinyl several times this season and haven’t allowed anyone to walk on the cushions. The removable cushion that fits under the fold down transom cushion was not present when I bought the boat. The mooring cover is always on it when not in use and has been out of the elements since I've owned due to the dry-stack marina that I have it at. I haven't had it very long but I take care of my stuff.

The bimini is in decent shape but does have a very small tear at the front port side when it is deployed - it does not effect its operation or effectiveness.

The radio and all speakers work as expected - I believe it is original.

I will have the boat in it's dry-stack slip in Oshkosh for at least the next week for serious inquiries that want to see it. After I get my new boat it will replace the boat in the dry-stack and will be moved to storage which will make it a bit harder to show.

Boat was paid off last Tuesday (7/28) and am waiting for the title to be mailed to me.

I'm pretty sure that I've forgotten something - I've never sold a boat before. Please reply to this thread or via personal message for more info and thanks for looking.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for tagging me in this @mark_m. If the logistics of buying far away weren’t so complex, I’d be very interested! We have a 3 month old right now, so I’m only looking to travel a few hours right now.