• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Will a 2019 sx210 or 212 limited fit into a 7 foot tall garage?

zboz19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Looking to see if I can get a 21ft into my garage opening gives me about 82.5 inches to work with. I would be taking it in and out so not looking to remove wheels deflate/inflate etc.. Dealerships have been no help on this, just quote the yamaha manual.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a '17 212X with the tower and it barely fits into my 8' opening garage. The trim levels you're looking at don't have the tower, do they? Without the tower, you may be able to make it.

My dealer told me he'd buy the boat back, if it didn't fit in my garage. I made him write that agreement into the paperwork. Negotiate with the dealer to allow you to give it a try. Whatever you do, don't hit the garage or they'll make you buy it! Good luck!

zboz19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a '17 212X with the tower and it barely fits into my 8' opening garage. The trim levels you're looking at don't have the tower, do they? Without the tower, you may be able to make it.

My dealer told me he'd buy the boat back, if it didn't fit in my garage. I made him write that agreement into the paperwork. Negotiate with the dealer to allow you to give it a try. Whatever you do, don't hit the garage or they'll make you buy it! Good luck!
ya those are both tower less models.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think so. Someone has probably done it but the routine to do so would be quite cumbersome. My AR210 barely fits in an 8' opening and there isn't another foot of clearance between the windshield and the opening.

zboz19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I don't think so. Someone has probably done it but the routine to do so would be quite cumbersome. My AR210 barely fits in an 8' opening and there isn't another foot of clearance between the windshield and the opening.
Is that with you cranking the trailer down? I have been reading about this caster mod on here people do, but nobody really says what height that achieves.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No I don't do the caster mod. You could put a caster on the tongue and get some more room but I think that just gets you a few inches and not a foot. You'd probably need to do something with the tires to get it that low. That might be fine when putting it up for the winter, but I complete beating as an every outing occurrence.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want to try this as well. 2018 ar210 with tower and 7’ garage opening

Anyone successful and how?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here - Straight from Yamaha”s website 7”4 = 88 inches.
In the past those dimensions leave a lot to be desired and not that accurate. Best to go measure one in person or better yet have a dealer bring a boat to you and your garage.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Did you have to modify anything? Ironically enough I am going to look at a house tonight with a detached garage but it only has 8' doors on it. I was thinking it wasn't gonna work and almost called off the showing.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should be able to get it in an 8' opening by just adjusting the tower retention cables. I doubt it will go in stock though.

Gwynnmoore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Looking to see if I can get a 21ft into my garage opening gives me about 82.5 inches to work with. I would be taking it in and out so not looking to remove wheels deflate/inflate etc.. Dealerships have been no help on this, just quote the yamaha manual.
I measured mine from the ground to the top of the window hook to my truck is 86 and 1/2 in

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Did you end up doing this? I would really like to get a 212 (no tower) in my 7 foot high door. I think if you get the tongue lower enough it might fit. I have not found a way to prove or test this yet....

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Did you end up doing this? I would really like to get a 212 (no tower) in my 7 foot high door. I think if you get the tongue lower enough it might fit. I have not found a way to prove or test this yet....
Only way it may fit is if you have a steep driveway, I’m pretty confident the tongue needs to be on the floor or lower (by having a steep driveway). I looked into this a couple years ago.

KevGar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
A bit late here but I can confirm that my 2018 212 Limited (no tower) fits into my 8' garage with no more then 6" of clearance, without any tire or tongue tricks.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
A bit late here but I can confirm that my 2018 212 Limited (no tower) fits into my 8' garage with no more then 6" of clearance, without any tire or tongue tricks.
You should be good to go.