• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Will a jet be an improvement over what I have?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Unfortunately my garage is 20' - 4". And my tow vehicle is a Honda Odyssey with 3500lb towing capacity. So I'm locked into a smaller boat.
I'm quite impressed with the room in the SX192 compared to my SeaRay 175.
I'm still amazed how the the Honda Odyssey pulls these boats, however I'm happy to finally have a F150 now.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Home owners association does not permit trailers in the driveway.....

We usually go to a little inland lake for 2-6 hours and tube, knee board, water ski, swim, eat etc. we don't blast around at full speed much. I'm used to using 5-15 gallons of gas. Will 30 gallons cover me for this type of activity level?
I think it should. I usually get a solid afternoon of wakeboarding (so lots of full throttle bursts) in on half a tank. The 192 is a great boat, but I don't like the way the boat handles when fully loaded with 8 adults so be wary of that. I would bring some of your friends with you to test drive so you have an idea of how she handles weight. I rarely will take more than 6, especially on bigger lakes.

JimTMich

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think the noise level is a deal breaker. Looking at the boattest reviews, 93db at normal towing speed is just too much for my family compared to several typical i/o of the same size. Its too bad as everything else about this boat is amazing.

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah the noise is an issue but room is not. I have had 4 adults and 4 kids (on a relatively small lake) without any issues. Power is not a problem at all but it does wander some when pulling a tuber. Gas mileage isn't all that bad, but this is my first boat also so I don't have much to compare it to. It's only a 30 gallon tank also, so it doesn't cost to terribly much to refill it. Just be aware of your RPM's, try to keep them between 6000-6800 if you are going a long distance. You can just about watch the gauge go down if you run at 7k+ for a long period of time. On any normal weekend we have 2 adults and our 4 kids ages 9-14 onboard. Everyone has comfortable sitting room, etc. The problem is when we start bringing water trampolines and other toys when the space runs out but that is only temporary until we reach our spot.