• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Window Tint

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi guys. Anyone here have a 2015 or 2016 AR240 in the yacht blue with tinted window? I have been thinking about tinting mine before the season starts here but I was hoping to see it before I do. Almost done with all of my winter mods to the audio system and will post pictures later this week.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just pm me a pic of your boat. I can photoshop it.

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Shane hric. I checked it out and it looks good. I'm a little concerned it won't look good against the yacht blue color. Love your boat by the way. With all of the upgrades I've done to my AR I should've just bought the limited S! Haha.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks Shane hric. I checked it out and it looks good. I'm a little concerned it won't look good against the yacht blue color. Love your boat by the way. With all of the upgrades I've done to my AR I should've just bought the limited S! Haha.
Ha...ha...ha! Yeah, my boat hasn't even seen the water yet since I purchased late in the fall last year and I already have a lot of accessories and upgrades to add as soon as I pick her up. Take some pics of your window tint and upgrades, it's always nice to see what everyone is doing!

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
haha I hear ya! Need to get out on the water so I stop spending money. I just added Roswell Neptune 8.0 Tower Speakers, Roswell 12" DVC sub, Roswell 600 watt and 800 watt amps, Roswell Elite SS in boat component speakers, added 2 to the swim platform and a wet sounds 420 EQ and tower mic. Getting ready to finish up with some SeaDek from Jet Boat Pilot and seat cushions for the swim platform. Gets a little old listening to it on a trailer!

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Damn...you're going to be sounding good out there. I ordered a set of JL Audio's 6 ea. of 6.5's w/LED's, a 10" sub w/LED's, 2 ea. 7.7's I'll add LED's, 2 ea. Tower 7.7's I'll add LED's, and an 800w amp. I have the full set of SeaDek, Thrust Vectors, Throttle sync, 3 ea. Seablaze X underwater lights, Pro Mariner battery charger, VHF radio, LED cup holder/storage compartment lights, de-warning labeling, and adding my decals on my To-Do list. Should be great when it's done.

Your not too far away, we should try and boat together sometime. Are you going to Bimini this year?

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you have a nice little list of your own haha. I was contemplating my decal removal but my wife really likes them. I told her we need to make a decision on it this year before the sun hits them too much. I like the idea of the full Seadek in the cockpit. Might try to get to that at the end of this season.

We would love to do the Bimini trip but I'd like to get a year in with this boat first. We are new to the jet boat world so we aren't sure what to expect. Last boat was a stern drive and I hated it. Indianapolis is probably a couple of hours for the both of us. We could meet up there sometime. We do most of our boating at Brookville Lake in southern Indiana. We have a few trips planned this year to Keuka Lake in NY and then to Dale Hallow lake in Tennessee and Douglas Lake near Gatlinburg Tennessee.

It would be cool to get a gathering going of the Great Lakes Yamaha boaters somewhere.

Jtncbt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My new 2016 AR240 in yacht blue is due in this week. Where did you buy yours? I live in Mason.

This will be our first jet boat and also plan to boat at Brookville Lake. Are you getting a slip there? I have reserved a slip at Kents Harbor.

I've als thought about the window tinting as well.

Would love to get together.

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. That's awesome. This is our first jet boat as well. I bought mine at Lodders Marine. They were great to work with. It was actually the first 2016 they received back in September. I would like to have a slip there but right now we have it at Barton's Bay across from the Dam. I kept my last boat there so I just followed suit wth this one. Let me know how you like the slip though. That would be awfully convenient. We should plan to get together there. We will be there every weekend and we even go out on week nights to have dinner and cruise around when the lake is not busy. We have a 4 year old and a three year old and they love it.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It would be cool to get a gathering going of the Great Lakes Yamaha boaters somewhere.
There are several gathering planned up that way for this year in the gatherings section Shelbyville and the Chicago loop cruise are two that come to mind I know I saw a few others.

Jtncbt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. That's awesome. This is our first jet boat as well. I bought mine at Lodders Marine. They were great to work with. It was actually the first 2016 they received back in September. I would like to have a slip there but right now we have it at Barton's Bay across from the Dam. I kept my last boat there so I just followed suit wth this one. Let me know how you like the slip though. That would be awfully convenient. We should plan to get together there. We will be there every weekend and we even go out on week nights to have dinner and cruise around when the lake is not busy. We have a 4 year old and a three year old and they love it.
Got mine at Lodders as well and I agree, they have been great to work with. I was on the ropes between the AR 240 and a Hurricane Deck Boat and finally decided to go with the Yamaha. They only had the suede gray AR240 left and I really wanted the yacht blue, so, they ordered me one from the factory. This forum really helped me make up my mind and has been so helpful. I'm hoping that we'll be out most every weekend as well and with it being slipped, could definitely see us taking advantage of a calm weeknight as well. We have two kids, my daughter is getting ready to turn 9 and my son just turned 7, they are both really pumped to get out on the boat.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My "artist's" rendering

Light 1.jpeg Light 1.jpeg Light 3.jpeg Light 5.jpeg

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I don't have a 15, but I tinted my 2012 ar240 in Black. I went 20% and it looks great! I thought it would be tough to see but once you get used to it you don't even know the difference! I think the Blue would look sharp tinted!

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have at 2015 Ar240 also...I keep throwing the idea out to tint the windows. I think it would look awesome. My wife thinks it a "dumb" idea......

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm working on getting a quote for this now. I heard it's pretty expensive but my wife actually likes the look so I think I can manage getting it done. I'm definitely going to go dark. I'll post some pictures of this when it's done. For now here are some pics of my winter stereo install. I'll take some better shots when I can.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg

Jtncbt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm working on getting a quote for this now. I heard it's pretty expensive but my wife actually likes the look so I think I can manage getting it done. I'm definitely going to go dark. I'll post some pictures of this when it's done. For now here are some pics of my winter stereo install. I'll take some better shots when I can.
View attachment 34478 View attachment 34480 View attachment 34481 View attachment 34482 View attachment 34483 View attachment 34484View attachment 34485
Looks really nice. Did you do this all yourself?

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks man. I had it installed by No Wake. They carry the Roswell Marine line.

Dhow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok I have to give my 2 cents. My last boat of 7 yrs had tinted windows. I loved the look but as far as seeing out not so much always had to stand to feel safe. Here is the good part I was thinking about a new boat so I brought it up with my wife and this is what she said good it better not have tinted windows that's all I want. Next week got a Yamaha . Best thing I did . Maybe I should asked for a newer Yamaha .