• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Window tinting

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So i am trying to find somewhere in the local Wake Forest / Raleigh area that will tint the windows on my Yamaha. The two places in Wake Forest said they don't do it. Formula 1 in North Raleigh said they will but it will cost $1500.00 to do it. It might be my inexperience but that seems way high. Anyone know of a place in this area that does it reasonably?

That's OUTRAGEOUS! I know that boats are harder to do then cars, but I can't see paying ANY more than $300. And even that is pretty high.

So I'm not crazy!!! that's about what i was expecting or a little less.. I just don't think they wanted to do it. And they wont for that price!!!!

You meant $1500 to WRAP the entire boat ... not for windows..thats insane

Yeah.. like i said.. i think they priced it that high because they didn't want to do it instead of saying No. Still.. it's crazy.

I paid $120 to get mine done, that was cheap compared to some others but I'd say average would be about $350-$400.

For your sake, I hope you find a place or do it yourself and go show the shop your receipt and tell them to shove it! $1500???!?! Thats an insult.

for those in the raleigh area I may have found someone to tint the windows on the boat.. it's a little higher than what I wanted to pay but it isn't unreasonable. .. 500.. but we still have not ironed out the logistics yet.. I will let everyone know how it goes..

I paid $400 in the Atlanta, GA area. The shop that did mine came onsite and did it at the boat dock. My boat stays on a lift at the lake. If I recall it was $350 plus $50 for the travel.
For $1500 I would think that they would replace the glass with factory tint lol.

1500 !!!!!! HOLY F*CK Your getting scammed. I paid 200. I would call the dealership and F with them...try and see the reasoning they give you for charging 1500. It would be VERY interesting to here. Then say F U and never go there again.

Also if there are any car places try them also, thats who did my audio and tint

the car guys are the ones that i have been trying to find. They all say they don't want to do it because the windows have such a large curve. Ill find someone at some point. but the 1500 dollar guy can stuff it!

Yeah my place is a high end car audio/modification place. They basically do anything. Like ive said on other tint threads, it all depends on the skill of the installer.

about this, what is the benefit of tint the windows, apart from the nice look?

what tint% do you guys use? 5? 20?

thanks!

I had 5% put on. I felt that anything less would not look like anything was on there. The only thing on consideration is with 5% if you drive at night you won't really be able to see through the windows to navigate.
This said I typically don't look through the windows ever day or night. If not standing I'm on the seat flipped up still looking over the windshield.

Back