• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winter cover

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
42DDD602-C873-4812-80EC-49CC1686C386.jpeg93A71EC8-0563-411B-A991-0262FFF86687.jpegI store my boat in my back yard and did so with my LS2000 for 5 years. I am now on my first winterization with the 2018 AR210.

I lowered the tower by carefully unscrewing the 2 screw knobs. My wife held the tower while I did this but I could have done this alone since it is not heavy without any tower speakers. I have the tower travel brackets but I didn’t use them since the boat will not move and the tower is held nicely by the 2 cables that are part of the assembly

I have the original shipping cover which is so awesome and fits the boat like a glove. It also goes down pretty far down the side of the boat. I want to preserve my premium mooring cover so I am happy to have this other cover for winter. Next I covered the boat loosely with a large tarp. I used rope to tie the tarp but tried to leave room so it could breathe

I think I am comfortable with this setup but will not know until the spring when I take it off and see the condition of my seats. I did use damp-rid in the boat before I covered it up

Reactions: Gym

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remove as many of the seat cushions as possible and store them inside the garage , i use damp rid also...i used the original shipping cover by itself for about 8 years on my old boat ..when the shipping cover started to wear out i did what you are doing and covered the shipping cover with a tarp...i also put my trailer on blocks to get the wheels off the ground

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jeel - how did your cover hold up to the snow without a tarp over top? Have you ever had any mildew when you uncovered the boat? I also remove the cushions that aren't attached but this 2018 has most of the seats attached or fixed.

I may put this up on blocks which I used to do with my older boat.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@4x15mph The cover held up great , i made sure i brushed off any snow that may accumulate . It only started to rip where it was supported by the poles. I never had any mildew , im not sure if the damp rid is needed, but i use it anyway..as far as the cushions i will remove all of the filler cushions and unscrew the hinged seat bottoms ...