• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterize the shower?

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Been sitting here reading all kind of post from mounting spare tires, to faulty trailer lights, and so on...
Then I had this thought. I know I have a shower on my recently acquired 232 limited, but where is the tank? Where do you add water? But most importantly I assume I need to remove all said water pretty soon before it freezes. Do I just turn on the power and use shower until it quits? Or is there a better method?

Thanks in advance

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
In Texas we don't have much of a freezing issue, but I do put about 1/2 cup to a cup of bleach in just to keep algae from forming after sitting for a couple of months. As for draining, I have not found a way to empty the tank other than running the shower! Hopefully another member has an answer to that.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When I drained the one in my old 232, I found it went much faster if I unscrewed the shower head off the hose...

I never added any additives as I just drained as much water out of the system as possible. You only have to worry about something expanding and breaking IF the water has no room to expand as it freezes.