• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterizing: Anyone ever use this?

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This would not replace fogging if you had a need for fogging, this would be in combination with fogging.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of the fogging steps, other than introducing fogging oil into the air induction of a running engine, is to spray fogging oil into each spark plug hole. Then dry crank the engine to distribute the oil throughout the cylinders. That being said I think anytime you introduce an oil product into your gas you are getting some oil into the combustion chamber.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked up the definition and it does state it fogs. I use stabil marine 360 in my gas and thought this was same but it’s more like stabil storage and they claim fogging ability , sweet product if it does as advertised.

Kevin1741

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
152A12C4-2239-4DA8-9B80-F5AB0CBFF174.png Yamaha recommends this for fogging outboards. Sure you could use it for your skis. Problem with yamaha skis/boats the fuel pump is in the tank. For the outboards you simply disconnect the fuel line and hook it up to a portable tank and run the engine till it smokes. For the waverunners i remove the plugs and spray fogging oil in the cylinders and turn the engine over for a bit.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked up the definition and it does state it fogs. I use stabil marine 360 in my gas and thought this was same but it’s more like stabil storage and they claim fogging ability , sweet product if it does as advertised.
Anytime you find a product that does a little of everything that's the problem...It just does a "little" of everything. Several years ago Yamaha came out with an updated tech bulletin for fogging their engines. I believe it was posted by @txav8r. There was also a member from NY @Leojay who did a great video of the process. Might want to check it out.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/finally-the-ultimate-winterization-video-has-arrived.7777/#post-134966

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Fuel stabilizers are not fogging oils. Marine grade Stabil is a great fuel extender AND ethanol treatment, as well as a product that will cut into your condensation production in the tank...if you use it year round in every tank of fuel. But fogging is recommended now by Yamaha on a routine basis for salt water use and still recommended for freshwater use annually. The newer engines are harder to fog, but not hard once you done it a few times. I personally didn't fog when I first bought my '08. But soon, I read the tech bulletin, and I started fogging twice a season, beginning and end. I started off doing the same when I bought my '12. I am sure @Betik still fogs that boat too. What makes this important is how boats are used. Most freshwater boats spend a portion of their lives sitting in storage. And that is where corrosion happens, especially at the beginning and end of the "off season", when temperatures reach up high and then still drop down low, that just sets up for condensation and metals can really be affected in engines when they sit idle for longer periods. The boats that aren't stored for longer periods are typically coastal boats...and they face an even greater threat with the salt air and water. So I am in the camp of always fogging with an approved fogging oil on a regular basis.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought this might draw you out @txav8r. Glad to hear from you again. Always look forward to your wisdom. How's the RVing going?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hey @Gym ! Yeah, you got me! Ive been out of pocket with work and VACATION! We had a successful trip this year, following last years disaster. I can't remember if I updated the motorhome thread but we broke down a year ago and bottom line, it had to have the Cummins ISB 6.7L engine replaced. So I bit the bullet and did it. But we had a great time in Colorado, with visits to Great Sand Dunes National Park, Pagosa Springs, Del Norte, South Fork, and stayed in a very nice RV resort called Mountain Views RV Resort in Creede. We were there two weeks and rented UTVs in Lake City and crossed the Alpine Loop over Cinnamon Pass, to Silverton, and back over Engineers Pass to Lake City...an unbelievable 73 mile day trip in a Polaris Ranger with Clara and Chester! We also rented a CanAm Defender in Creede and had it for a week there. We covered so many high mountain 4x4 only routes we had nothing left to explore! Saw a moose up close and crossed the continental divide in it. We may have to get one of those machines and we may look into buying into that park at some point, Creede in the summer is hard to take! lol I look in and read, and respond occasionally when I need my jetboaters fix! You guys are always great and I love the boats, as well as the friendships. We aren't doing to bad with this forum are we? It is all we had hoped I think. Thanks for saying hi and hope to catch y'all on the road one day!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you ever follow the road east look me up @txav8r.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeap I fog. 1 minute per cylinder.
Ring free and ethanol treatment on each tank as well as fill it up to the brim.

Funny thing actually just did the fogging in the PEC today before I put it on storage for the winter

Attachments