• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterizing / Season Over

B Frank

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well first year is in the books and I can say I thoroughly enjoyed my 2008 AR210! As well, I really appreciate this site as the go to place for any issue or advice you need for jet boats! Finished up winterizing today which included:
1. Take out all seats
2. Put in gas/stabil
3. Fog engines
4. Start and rev engines 30 seconds
5. Unlock Clean out Plugs and leave in tubes
6. Remove batteries and store
7. Put in dryer sheets, mouse traps, 3 damp rid bags
8. Cover and store

Last year I did put antifreeze in but this year after reading the comments here I decided not to. I guess you never get all water out as I did start again and still saw a little come out. Hopefully no issues!

Brian from central KY.

Attachments

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its a sad day when you put the boat away for the winter

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
RV antifreeze is cheap at walmart , i know some say its not needed but for my own piece of mind i run 2 gallons thru each engine after i blow air from a compressor thru the cleanout ports

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
RV antifreeze is cheap at walmart , i know some say its not needed but for my own piece of mind i run 2 gallons thru each engine after i blow air from a compressor thru the cleanout ports
That’s what I did. Just taped a funnel onto a short hose and plugged into the flush port. Dumped a couple gallons in while the engine was running. When it’s -20F here in WI I’ll be happy knowing there is no water in the system.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you pinch off the inlet hose from the pump. If not you are probably not getting enough to end up in the water box

B Frank

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably a dumb question, but, gonna ask anyway. After fogging engines and blowing out it water, I removed the plugs. There was still a lot of water in the tubes from the last time out. Obviously that water just drains down through grates. No worries about any of it going back toward engines, correct?

Brian.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably a dumb question, but, gonna ask anyway. After fogging engines and blowing out it water, I removed the plugs. There was still a lot of water in the tubes from the last time out. Obviously that water just drains down through grates. No worries about any of it going back toward engines, correct?

Brian.
I'm confused by your question,

are you talking about your cleanout plugs ?
if so, that water falls out either through the intake grate or out the back nozzle, no water in your cleanout tube (above the plugs) will get to the engine

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I hear ya... Did the deed this past Sunday when it was beautiful and sunny, strongly considered heading out, but knew worse weather was on the horizon and would gladly appreciate the weather now versus 40 and miserable: Changed oil, lubed, stabilized the fuel, WD-40 sprayed, white lithium spray, all contents of the boat out, all batteries disconnected, plugs in the spring, and double bagged her! ;-) (seasonal cover and shipping cover). Sad day indeed!

This was actually my first time changing the oil myself on this boat, man what a breeze! $250 for the twin oil change kit w/extractor from @JetBoatPilot versus $550 winterizing from my dealer!??! Uhhhhh no brainer!

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Lucky to have big garage & a jetboat...
Unsnapped seadeck, left each storage propped a couple inches open, 1 bucket damprid, unhooked ballest pumps 1 side, batteries on trickle, cover. 15min-Done
...clean her up & oil change in spring

Dont over complicate it. #benefitsOfTheJet
3 seasons, looks & runs like new

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Lucky to have big garage & a jetboat...
Unsnapped seadeck, left each storage propped a couple inches open, 1 bucket damprid, unhooked ballest pumps 1 side, batteries on trickle, cover. 15min-Done
...clean her up & oil change in spring

Dont over complicate it. #benefitsOfTheJet
3 seasons, looks & runs like new
...fresh water only

B Frank

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes and that is what I thought. Just hit me after I put her up that was the last thing I did and wanted to make sure I was correct.

Thanks

QUOTE="Scottintexas, post: 414007, member: 138"]
I'm confused by your question,

are you talking about your cleanout plugs ?
if so, that water falls out either through the intake grate or out the back nozzle, no water in your cleanout tube (above the plugs) will get to the engine

[/QUOTE]

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@B Frank You should be pulling your clean outs every time you are done for the day. Simply pull them and lay them sideways across the hole. Also I recommend bringing the clean outs inside for the winter. Disassemble them, remove all water, clean, allow to dry out and regrease.

B Frank

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have probably only taken them out 3-4 times this year. I did leave them laying sideways when I put the boat up, however I didn’t remove them. I will be back to check on my boat in 4-5 weeks so I will take them our then. Thanks for the tip!!

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Good reminder on pulling the plugs. That didn’t make my winterization list.

Have to visit my storage place next time I’m up north now....