• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterizing

Krsmith870

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I live in NW Arkansas where the winters are not to terrible so the Yamaha dealership that I bought my boat at Said I wouldn’t have to winterize my boat just to start it up to get the water out. Just wanna be sure I don’t mess anything up on are new boat Engine wise. What’s your thoughts on this?

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in NWA as well, welcome to the forum. I fill up a full tank with ethanol free and add yamalube ring free and the storage dose of fuel conditioner. Start it up a few times and gently increase rpms slightly to blow water out of water box. I don't rev the engines without load because that could possibly cause some issue (debated on the forum before). Plug in the onboard charger, spray yamalube silicone protectant, and start it up every 3-4 weeks.

Krsmith870

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in NWA as well, welcome to the forum. I fill up a full tank with ethanol free and add yamalube ring free and the storage dose of fuel conditioner. Start it up a few times and gently increase rpms slightly to blow water out of water box. I don't rev the engines without load because that could possibly cause some issue (debated on the forum before). Plug in the onboard charger, spray yamalube silicone protectant, and start it up every 3-4 weeks.
Thanks for the tip I appreciate it!