• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Worx Cone and Grease

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought the worx cone WR06008 for my AR192 on Amazon. It was $66 shipped so maybe the seller made a mistake (it’s not listed anymore). I put it on yesterday and took some pictures. The cone has similar design like the L13, but with less volume. I will test it this weekend.

The factory grease is terrible! I bought EP-0 grease, Oregon 49-015 on amazon. It is less viscous than the factory grease. The manual calls for “AP” grease. The AP is acronym for All Purpose and EP is for Extreme Pressure. I found that usually the EP can substitute the AP. I’m hoping my google search is correct!

Attachments

• BAC4499C-8447-4EF6-97F1-D207E03EAF09.jpeg
    BAC4499C-8447-4EF6-97F1-D207E03EAF09.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • 8FE31D91-8684-4194-BB02-3324EA5923A8.jpeg
    8FE31D91-8684-4194-BB02-3324EA5923A8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • 56556B83-4CBD-48F1-BE66-FE83468B91D4.jpeg
    56556B83-4CBD-48F1-BE66-FE83468B91D4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
I researched once a long time ago on the topic of grease. I learned that there are about 7 different types of grease, compositionally, and most do not get along with each other. So when I repacked mine I just kept the same, ugly, normal grease that was in there. I would recommend you just make sure that your new grease is compatible with the old grease, in case you missed a little in cleaning out the old and replacing with the new.

No issues yet for me on my replacement of the cheap stuff...

like to see how the cone works for you.

I only drove the boat for a few minutes because my brother was driving the boat and I had my jet ski. He says that it feels “punchier” and we had 7 people on the boat. I had a weird experience when I drove it..

Last month I was able to hit 47mph with 1-3 people and then I never saw it again. I was stuck at about 43 mph but yesterday I was able to hit 46mph with 3 people.

Also when wakeboarding I feel that doing hard turns to pick up the wakeboarder that it cavitates less. But it was a little difference.

Again, my impression is after only a few minutes driving. I let my brother be captain because I’m too aggressive pulling wakeboarders. My dad is visiting this weekend and were going to use the boat a lot.

I only drove the boat for a few minutes because my brother was driving the boat and I had my jet ski. He says that it feels “punchier” and we had 7 people on the boat. I had a weird experience when I drove it..

Last month I was able to hit 47mph with 1-3 people and then I never saw it again. I was stuck at about 43 mph but yesterday I was able to hit 46mph with 3 people.

Also when wakeboarding I feel that doing hard turns to pick up the wakeboarder that it cavitates less. But it was a little difference.

Again, my impression is after only a few minutes driving. I let my brother be captain because I’m too aggressive pulling wakeboarders. My dad is visiting this weekend and were going to use the boat a lot.
Any follow up on this?

Any follow up on this?

I've put probably 50 hours since changing the cone and there was only slight improvement. I would like to see the Lucky13 cone vs this one, but I don't have time for that.

is that cone suppose to face upward ? or downward ?

Back