• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Would like to add an amp

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the 2013 242 limited S. The radio head is the Clarion unit and I have six 6.5" polks all around with two tweeters in the tower. I would like to add an amp first, w/o a sub so I have a couple questions.
1. What amp do you guys recommend? Brand, channels?
2. I understand that by adding an amp, the sound will be soooo much better that I may not need/desire to cut a 10" hole in the side to mount a sub.

T h a n k s !

Kevin

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'd recommend a WetSounds HT6 and disconnecting those tower tweeters.
Those Polk's sound pretty freakin good once you put some power behind them. The sub is a matter of personal preference. I didn't feel I needed one, but went ahead and put a WS 10" IB sub in. And it kicks ass.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have two pioneer car amps powering four polk 6.5s, 2 Polk 6x9s on the tower and a bazooka tube sub and they are awesome. Lots of ways to skin this cat...

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just added a JL 6 channel amp. I did the sub, but even without, it does make a big difference. I definitely agree that there are many ways to improve the stock system and the amp will be key to that.

There are lots of write ups on amp installs here. Do check those out for placement and type ideas.