• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Wow, what do you guys do for insurance on your boat or jet ski

Not only getting sued, as Derick said, but also if medical bills pile up beyond what you have coverage for....umbrella takes over.

OK, you guys are scaring me. I am running over to my insurance agent during lunch.

:thumbsup:

OK, you guys are scaring me. I am running over to my insurance agent during lunch.
My umbrella coverage through Amica is around $250 a year. Everyone's situation is different but for me, having my assets protected from lawsuits or large medical bills is worth it.

We are in the process of switching from Travellers for Home, Autos, and boat to All State. My wife is starting her own Speech Therapy practice out of our home and All State was the only insurance company that would cover us with her seeing clients at our residence. So we will have Home, Business, Autos, Boat, and an Umbrella Policy with All State. Adding the Business and Umbrella policy, plus the same coverage on everything else our cost is the same as Travellers.

@cane.mba The cost of Travelers is one of the reasons I switched to Amica. Even though I hadn't made any claims in over 10 years the rate started getting really high. I finally decided to do some shopping and was quite surprised at how high Travelers actual was for Home Insurance (I had auto through Geico). I had Geico since the mid 90s and have been very happy with them, but putting it all together through Amica was a better deal.

My boat and waverunners are covered by boat us, I've got extensive coverage as well as an umbrella policy through aaa.

My premium on the boat is $400 per year and the skis with almost the same coverage cost about $300 per year each. Don't know what the umbrella costs anymore since it's bundled with other policies.

When i considered moving the boat and waverunners to aaa they told me to keep boat is as they could not match their policies coverage / payout wise.

Incidentally, you don't have to be a member of boat us's tow boat plan to get boat us's insurance but recommend subscribing to it anyway. Think of it as an umbrella policy for things that aaa can't or wont cover.

Last edited:
@jetboater4life We were thrilled with Traveller's price 7 years ago. We discovered the annual increases were larger than we thought, once we started shopping for business insurance. Now I know we aren't alone, and you have to wonder why the price increases occurred.

Boat and trailer with Progressive $222/yr.

We had the jet skis with American Modern.

Home is with AAA which won't insure boats or skis so no umbrella.

I decided not to insure my boat and take my chances. I mean, what can happen?

Just kidding. Did that get your eyeballs open? Boat US. 385 a year for replacement value I am very happy with for my 08 Sx230. I suggest trailer coverage to as it is peace of mind. You will never need it, of course - until you do not have the coverage.

Back