• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Wrap or repaint?

That's a beautiful boat just like it is lashburn1.

Before and After
Just completed

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I had a problem with a fiberglass repair the previous owner did not holding up. During the investigation I figured out the whole boat had been painted instead of a color match gelcoat to fix the issue. Once I took the boat the shop for repair and discussed my options I decided to repaint my boat but not with the factory grey color but a more appealing color for me, burgundy or as some say around here garnet. The paint is AwlCraft 2000 and they call the color Claret. After a 1.5 years the paint is holding up extremely well and you can't tell it was painted. The cost to repair some damaged spots, total combined size close to a basketball, and repaint the whole boat was $2350.

Original paint, this is the day I picked up the boat in summer of 2010.Yamaha 1st Day.jpg

This is after the repairs and repaint was done in April 2013. In 2011 I sold the painted trailer replaced it with an aluminum one. In addition to the hull color transformation, I had custom graphics made to match the new color and replaced the grey bimini top with custom made sunbrella one to match.
20130601_110208.jpg

Close up of new graphics which where purchased at https://doityourselflettering.com/
Transformation 4.JPG

I have since painted the galvanized rims chrome.
Trailer on jacks with chrome rims.jpg

Looks good !!!

OK , I'm waxing my boat this weekend!

I had a problem with a fiberglass repair the previous owner did not holding up. During the investigation I figured out the whole boat had been painted instead of a color match gelcoat to fix the issue. Once I took the boat the shop for repair and discussed my options I decided to repaint my boat but not with the factory grey color but a more appealing color for me, burgundy or as some say around here garnet. The paint is AwlCraft 2000 and they call the color Claret. After a 1.5 years the paint is holding up extremely well and you can't tell it was painted. The cost to repair some damaged spots, total combined size close to a basketball, and repaint the whole boat was $2350.

Original paint, this is the day I picked up the boat in summer of 2010.View attachment 12724

This is after the repairs and repaint was done in April 2013. In 2011 I sold the painted trailer replaced it with an aluminum one. In addition to the hull color transformation, I had custom graphics made to match the new color and replaced the grey bimini top with custom made sunbrella one to match.
View attachment 12726

Close up of new graphics which where purchased at https://doityourselflettering.com/
View attachment 12727

I have since painted the galvanized rims chrome.
View attachment 12728

Love it...And your boxer. We have one too.

Hey guys, if you are looking for options other than complete wraps, that start at about $700, and are made to be easy to install yourself, then check these graphic kits out:
- http://www.ipdjetskigraphics.com/yamaha-boat-graphics

Let us know if you have questions. :winkingthumbsup"

Funny, I just found your site the other day and almost shared it here. Glad you found us. Will you have design options for any of the older hull designs? My graphics are getting tired (2006 SX210).

Attachments

• IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 13
Funny, I just found your site the other day and almost shared it here. Glad you found us. Will you have design options for any of the older hull designs? My graphics are getting tired (2006 SX210).
Thanks for asking....

We can fit any of the design option to any of the years. We ask your model information and year at checkout, then just send you the kit that fits your model....you can pic a design for your model from the link below:
- http://www.ipdjetskigraphics.com/ar210-graphics

Make sense?

Thanks for asking....

We can fit any of the design option to any of the years. We ask your model information and year at checkout, then just send you the kit that fits your model....you can pic a design for your model from the link below:
- http://www.ipdjetskigraphics.com/ar210-graphics

Make sense?

I don't see anything that looks like a pre-2010 hull for the 24/23 foot Yamaha jetboat models or pre-2012 for the 21 foot boats (ie: none prior to the semi-pickle-fork hull) on your website: http://www.ipdjetskigraphics.com/yamaha-boat-graphics/

Please verify that you sell a kit specifically for the 2006 model year AR/SX210 hull. Thanks.

I don't see anything that looks like a pre-2010 hull for the 24/23 foot Yamaha jetboat models or pre-2012 for the 21 foot boats (ie: none prior to the semi-pickle-fork hull) on your website: http://www.ipdjetskigraphics.com/yamaha-boat-graphics/

Please verify that you sell a kit specifically for the 2006 model year AR/SX210 hull. Thanks.

You are correct, the designs are shown on the newer boats, but we can adapt any of the designs to any boat...just put your model and year in at checkout.

@IPD Graphics: Very cool. Some honest feedback: I don't think I personally would place a $700 order without seeing how it would translate on a different (my) hull design first. There is a lot more white above the rub rail (aft) on the older hulls, which was usually "broken up" by the design of the production graphics (below). Plus, they offered different hull colors. Getting a design that big to play well on both the white and accent color is probably doable with the right colors; but I just can't visualize it and only playing in the accent color does not give you much real estate.

You might consider adding renderings (or a new tailored design) for the earlier generation hulls to attract those actually needing to replace their aging graphics. I am not sure if it is possible (or logical for your business); but would a simpler/smaller design (still better than originals) allow a $500 price point? Thanks!
06sx210_01_blk.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 11
@IPD Graphics: Very cool. Some honest feedback: I don't think I personally would place a $700 order without seeing how it would translate on a different (my) hull design first. There is a lot more white above the rub rail (aft) on the older hulls, which was usually "broken up" by the design of the production graphics (below). Plus, they offered different hull colors. Getting a design that big to play well on both the white and accent color is probably doable with the right colors; but I just can't visualize it and only playing in the accent color does not give you much real estate.

You might consider adding renderings (or a new tailored design) for the earlier generation hulls to attract those actually needing to replace their aging graphics. I am not sure if it is possible (or logical for your business); but would a simpler/smaller design (still better than originals) allow a $500 price point? Thanks!
View attachment 25595

Thanks for the great feed back, much appreciated!

We are currently working on the renderings for the 23 footers, which have a similar extra hump on the back and should show you what you are wanting to see....we should have these done in about a week or 2, so please check back.

As far as the price point....
We are using very expensive high-quality material, and each kit is made to order per customer so that you can personalize the way you like, so getting them down to a $500 price range would require mass producing of graphics, with cheaper materials, we would have to offer almost no options, and yes probably not be able to get quite as much coverage...so our thought is that you guys would probably rather have a price range between $700-$1000....please tell us if we are wrong.

Most wrap companies are offering wraps around $2,000 on average, the colors that we are able to print on our graphic material is far superior than what you would get with a typical wrap material, and these kits are way easier to install than a wrap. The prices we are at now are introductory as we are getting our distribution network wrapped up, so you can expect the price for these kits to probably hover somewhere at about $1000 down the road.

Hopefully this helps!

You are correct, the designs are shown on the newer boats, but we can adapt any of the designs to any boat...just put your model and year in at checkout.

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response.

Reds are the fastest to oxidize?! Guess Im getting on this thing with some Duragloss 501 this weekend!

Back