• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed WTB 2015 space blue AR240 no salt water boats

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have one in PA that I’ll sell. $46k. 150 trouble free hours. I’m happy to keep it but ultimately we’d like a pilothouse style boat. Something like a Parker or an Albin 28TE.

A42434B8-FAD5-4BB6-B154-842EC42156D2.jpeg

Justin Richards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Too many hours for me. Thanks for the reply.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Light cruising hours. Not wide open water sports hours. Mostly cruises up and down the river around 25mph or so. But like I said, I’m very happy to keep it.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
50 hours per year is low

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is your budget? Only reason I ask is I currently know of 4 for sale two non salt water boats with low hours but before I call them I just want to make sure you have a realistic budget if your only looking to spend 40k I don’t want to waist their time.

Justin Richards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do you consider realistic? I can buy a new one for 54. I wouldn’t be afraid to spend real money on a mint low hr boat tho.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do you consider realistic? I can buy a new one for 54. I wouldn’t be afraid to spend real money on a mint low hr boat tho.
On a low hour 2015 the market based on what I have seen sold in the last few months is around $46K at least I have yet to see much sell for less than that on a low hour unit I know of one guy who may sell his unit with 60 hours for around for in that 46K range the other non salt water unit would probably want more like 48K

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I think realistic is low 40's. 242 limited S are going for mid to high 40's so an AR would be lower than them.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think realistic is low 40's. 242 limited S are going for mid to high 40's so an AR would be lower than them.
I actually do agree with you the problem is that's not what I'm seeing them sell for right now. The boat market has gone nuts in the last 6 months you are lucky on a new one right now if you can get them to come off any money at all my local dealer is already out of there entire stock of 240's and 242's and they told me they all sold for MSRP plus fees this year. I think if you listed a Limited S for $45K right now you could sell it in less then 30 days which is really fast for a boat.

Justin Richards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What I’d really like is a 16 242x. Blue. But I can’t find one. The new ones are just to plain.

Justin Richards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I realize that it’s the wrong time of the year to try and get a deal on a boat also.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What I’d really like is a 16 242x. Blue. But I can’t find one. The new ones are just to plain.
Someone posted their 17 242X on here the other day for 58K asking price I know it's not the color combo you want but if he is willing to budge on price that could be a great deal.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I actually do agree with you the problem is that's not what I'm seeing them sell for right now. The boat market has gone nuts in the last 6 months you are lucky on a new one right now if you can get them to come off any money at all my local dealer is already out of there entire stock of 240's and 242's and they told me they all sold for MSRP plus fees this year. I think if you listed a Limited S for $45K right now you could sell it in less then 30 days which is really fast for a boat.
True. I bought my '15 242 2 years ago in March of 2016 for $47,000. What if I sold it today for the same price?? That wouldn't be too bad of a deal huh lol.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
True. I bought my '15 242 2 years ago in March of 2016 for $47,000. What if I sold it today for the same price?? That wouldn't be too bad of a deal huh lol.
It wouldn't at all! I did the same two years ago I bought a 2011 SX240 with low hours and sold it for 5K more them I paid for it a year ago. The market has changed hard on boats in the last two years to the point I don't want to sell mine for the fear of what I will have to pay to replace it.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2013 242 limited was just posted 166hr. 39k

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
150 hours is nothing. My 17' has 85 and counting. A boat that's being used is better than one that is sitting IMO.