• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy WTB 2018-2020 Yamaha 242XE Wake Boat New Or Lightly Used (Preferably New)

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Guys anyone seen any leftover 2018 or 2019 Black/Red/White or Black/Blue 242XE’s out there at your dealers from 2018-2019 or maybe a New 2020 242XE in blue/white or red/white?

Lightly used might also work but more leaning toward new so I can trade my 2015 SX210 and not have to worry about the hassle of selling it.

If you know of anything in that criteria and can message me or respond in here I would also greatly appreciate that. I’m gonna start the hunt for a Wake boat as my daughter is really becoming good at it and I want her to be able to surf behind the boat also. I believe 2018 is when they started Surf Point right? What else will I need the Surf kit Yamaha that’s aftermarket or does it come with the boat?

I’m in Virginia but willing to take a drive if I can find the right boat. Thanks for any and all help!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just saw this on FB.

SurfPoint is a gimmick, don’t let that sway you away from this model year. Only major difference between 2016 and current 242X models are:

- 2019 new lateral thrust reverse buckets
- larger Connext screen with included nav maps (navionics on a gps enabled tablet is better)
- sunroof in bimini top
- better stereo components
- different mount point for solar charger

I think that’s about it on differences.

As to surfing, the hull is the same all the way back to 2015... so they’ll all surf the same and need the same components (Wake shaper and transom ballast

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just saw this on FB.

SurfPoint is a gimmick, don’t let that sway you away from this model year. Only major difference between 2016 and current 242X models are:

- 2019 new lateral thrust reverse buckets
- larger Connext screen with included nav maps (navionics on a gps enabled tablet is better)
- sunroof in bimini top
- better stereo components
- different mount point for solar charger

I think that’s about it on differences.

As to surfing, the hull is the same all the way back to 2015... so they’ll all surf the same and need the same components (Wake shaper and transom ballast
I Appreciate the info and input! Looking to be more in the last few years though to get one In new or like new shape. We also like these color schemes from 2018-2020 also. How long would it be from now before we would start seeing pictures of the 2021 242X stuff coming out? Thanks

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought my AR240 last week at Chatlee (Sanford,NC) and they still had one 2020 242X Red.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will Owen just posted up the. Jetboat Pilot test boat! His boats always come pre-rigged with all the JBP goodies!

Last edited:

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My absolute favorite is the 2018 and 2019 black/red/white. Anyone know of any new ones of those still sitting at a dealer?

also from 2018-2019 (Black/red) what are the differences in that and the 2020 242x? Were there any improvements?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Your chances of finding anything other than a 2020 new at a dealer right now are slim to none my friend

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Your chances of finding anything other than a 2020 new at a dealer right now are slim to none my friend
That’s what I was afraid of. I’m kind of thinking of waiting to see what the 2021 colors look like when they release them in a few months. When would 2021 boats start being shipped? Hoping the 2021 has some cool new features as well. But it may end up being same boats as 2020 just like they did for 2018 and 2019?

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@NewBoater no idea if this is still available or not and is a good distance from you, but appears to be an available 2019

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@NewBoater no idea if this is still available or not and is a good distance from you, but appears to be an available 2019

River Valley Sports is a great dealer to work with as well. Reach out to them directly if intersted.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have you seen Will’s boat ?
I have just looking for something closer to me and not a huge fan of the black/blue although I know a lot of people loved this color combo. I appreciate the heads up!

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Chances of finding even a new one right now are slim to none...

Not sure how it is in other regions, but in New England, seems as if AR240s are totally gone, 242S and SE are hard very limited, and 242X is also gone. We managed to get lucky with our desired 242SE model - it was what they had in stock.

Last edited:

Jetbomber40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did not call them. Park marine in Kennesaw ga

leshock

Reaction score