• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy WTB 232 Tower or the mythical Radar Arch

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
And...the "Just Money" is a great looking boat!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think we need to push @PEARCE to name their boat!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, @Ronnie that would be my soon-to-be exwife. lol I would have much rathered the arch!!!!
I totally understand.

A friend of mine got a divorce/dissolved is marriage a few years ago just two months after he paid for his wife's breast implants. He was serious when he asked me if he could get half their cost back from her or one of the implants and bummed when I told him not likely.

My wife has already "jokingly" told me that if we split up I can have the boat but I'd probably be sleeping in it at first since she would get the house.

I hope your situation can be resolved amicably and your spousal support payments are low and for a short term.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r I'm wanting to name the boat, but it's not a real priority with me. Nothing has really come to me when I would think about it. When I have come up with a name and run it by Jill she wouldn't be real enthused about it and I'd move on. It doesn't bother me that it's not named.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Everyone that sees your '06 thinks it is new...and it draws attention! Maybe..."too good to be true"? lol, you take such good care of that boat and it takes care of you guys! Name isn't important, but we would love helping you come up with ideas if you want!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Everyone that sees your '06 thinks it is new...and it draws attention! Maybe..."too good to be true"? lol, you take such good care of that boat and it takes care of you guys! Name isn't important, but we would love helping you come up with ideas if you want!
The compliments that I got last weekend from Mark and Jim really made me feel good about what I have. Hard to believe that it's an eight year old boat. I'm very proud to have it and I guess it shows well. I enjoy pampering it and playing with it on the water. We had a great showing of boats at Broken Bow that showed what can be done to these great boats. What Jim and Mark have done to theirs is quite impressive. Lots of time, money, and energy. One thing is a definite, our group likes music on the water. Nobodies stereo is stock. Not even yours! You'll be rocking on yours in no time.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@PEARCE Yes, we all do like our music! I just finalized my stereo upgrade purchase with Odin at Earmark Marine in Plano, Texas, and pick it up tomorrow! It was harder this time than last I think. i tried to see other alternatives and the Fusion HU is compelling as it does deliver Class D capability, but it isn't nearly as powerful as claimed with clean/clear amplified power as claimed, and doesn't compare to that of stand alone class d amps. But it is far and away a better HU than others and I am glad I have it...just not for its amplifier. I decided to replace the existing 4 crap Seaworthy speakers with JL MX650's and adding two of them in the combing pockets at the helm/copilots area as well as two on the transom wall between the two swim decks. I am using the same subwoofer I used last time, the M10iB5 infinite baffle sub to round out the sound and take away full range responsibility from the coaxials. And to power it all, the JL M600/6 and the M500/3. That gives me about the same power I had before on the Nauti Dawg, but adds two more speakers in the cockpit, an issue many guys have said is not only helpful but the best part of their stereo upgrade!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm surprised you're going with the infinite baffle sub again. A 10" sub in a ported box would not take up much room and produces a very tight and clean bass signal. That's what I have and it's very reversible if I decide I want to do something different. Food for thought.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It doesn't seem to serve a purpose @PEARCE . I mean, you still have to vent the compartment with a vent equivalent to the driver, so your cutting the hole regardless. I do get the reversible idea though, if I decided to change it, I would have that hole to deal with. Conversely, if you decided to add a 12", your port would then be smaller than optimal. That iB sub is an absolutely great sub. It isn't ground pounding, but even if I added a sealed enclosure sub and ported it, in the same power requirements, it wouldn't add any noticeable difference in performance. I honestly don't think there is a limit to where you can go with an audio system! I could have gone 770's all around...but it would have doubled the cost by the time you account for getting in the sweet spot of that larger driver...and then you probably add 2 subs and end up with a power bill to drive 2000W. It just isn't necessary, but 60W per coaxial was necessary IMO, as was a mild sub that doesn't take up much space. I think the difference between a sealed iB sub at this level is a toss up Pearce. When done right, and I will do it right, an iB sub will be right alongside an enclosed sub and there is very little advantage that each has vs it's counterpart other than how it is mounted...at least that is what the audio experts tell me. And not being an audio expert, I have to rely on them to help me find my way to the results that I want. @David Analog has provided not only me, but this and the previous forum members with some very interesting and valid arguments...and he and I have very similar desires in terms of what we want out of our audio for the music we enjoy. I am pretty sure, if I were leaving anything on the table by choosing an iB sub over an enclosed sub, several of them would be jumping to redirect me. I don't think there is much difference in price or in install issue, just in space requirements. It is just hard to fit a square peg in a round hole. Now what we have never done, that we should have done, is to sit in your boat for the length of an album, and in my boat for the length of an album. Because they are both just about the same in terms of drivers and power, exception the sub I guess. But you bring up a good point...if I wanted to make that change, today is the day, because after today it is too late! lol

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Apologies for the hijack @Bruce I for one, totally forgot what thread I was in. So here is a bump to the top on the reverse arch for your ride! Let us know what Nate has to say. And thanks to @PEARCE for alerting me to the hijack!

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Bruce....did you hear back from Nate?