• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy WTB Cobra Jet Steering

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I’m looking to buy a set of Cobra Jet Steering fins for a twin engine Yamaha, any version/year but non-AK since my boat doesn’t have the keel. Interested to try something other than the TVs I have now. Please let me know if you have any laying around.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got the old (probably the original) version that I took off and replaced with the new style. Yours for the price of shipping if you don't come across a better deal. I debated whether or not to toss them, but decided to stick them on a shelf.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks! I may take you up on that. Are they the originals that required drilling holes in the nozzles?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep! They are out in my barn, but here’s a random pic I skimmed from google.
E52327DE-2688-4451-BFE8-03F9277824DA.jpeg

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks again! I’ll let you know. Based on my research I might not be able to use my Lateral Thrusters with those and I’d like to keep them but may end up taking you up on your generous offer if I can’t find any newer versions.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have lateral thrusters with my new cobras, I might be able to mock these up and get you a pretty good idea whether or not they’ll fit, but I’m guessing you’re right. Might be able to trim them or something if it’s not too egregious. I’ll check tomorrow, and let you know what I find, but don’t feel obligated either way. 👍🏻

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! Don’t spend too much time, I’m sure yours is as valuable is mine. Thanks!

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! Don’t spend too much time, I’m sure yours is as valuable is mine. Thanks!
I’ve got some hardware I ordered that allow for the lateral thrusters to work with CJS, but it involves drilling. I sold my LT but will hook you up with this hardware. Shoot me a PM if interested.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, so my old ones won’t work with LT’s. They interfere pretty significantly. But if you want them, they’re yours. Lol

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Ok, so my old ones won’t work with LT’s. They interfere pretty significantly. But if you want them, they’re yours. Lol
Thanks, I appreciate you checking! Hoping to keep the LTs for now. Appreciate the offer.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Why not order new from them? He has a 30 day money back if you don’t like them...Jeff is an active member here and I don’t think there’s a more knowledgeable person here surrounding steering for these things.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Why not order new from them? He has a 30 day money back if you don’t like them...Jeff is an active member here and I don’t think there’s a more knowledgeable person here surrounding steering for these things.
I have the page up in a tab ready to order but I figured I’d give this a shot first. 😁