• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy WTB things for LS2000

Roof Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
1999 LS2000 Overall boats in good shape. Starboard engine doesn't start, and small dents/dings to fix up ... just got it and am working on it/them.

Needed: Both windscreens / windshields . Know they are discontinued and hard to find :( Part #'s FOR-U1817-01-00 & FOR-U1818-01-00
And their 2 seals. Part # FOR-U266B-30-00
Port Mirror, Part # FOR-6596B-00-00

So far, boats.net seems to have the cheapest prices on OEM parts, for what they have.

Wanted:
Thrust Vector X
Keelshield or Keelguard (8ft)
Interior Traction Mats
Fuel Filters (can buy local or online I know)
Spark Plugs (local or online)
Spark Plug Wires (have to send in the spark plug wires to be rebuilt!? Can't just buy them like auto ones!?)
Oil line kit and other lines to replace

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

cfcommguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
1999 LS2000 Overall boats in good shape. Starboard engine doesn't start, and small dents/dings to fix up ... just got it and am working on it/them.

Needed: Both windscreens / windshields . Know they are discontinued and hard to find :( Part #'s FOR-U1817-01-00 & FOR-U1818-01-00
And their 2 seals. Part # FOR-U266B-30-00
Port Mirror, Part # FOR-6596B-00-00

So far, boats.net seems to have the cheapest prices on OEM parts, for what they have.

Wanted:
Thrust Vector X
Keelshield or Keelguard (8ft)
Interior Traction Mats
Fuel Filters (can buy local or online I know)
Spark Plugs (local or online)
Spark Plug Wires (have to send in the spark plug wires to be rebuilt!? Can't just buy them like auto ones!?)
Oil line kit and other lines to replace

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!
Convert to pre-mix. I bombed my starboard side motor because of a cracked oil line. I run 40:1 without any problems now, while maintaining peace of mind 👍

Roof Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Have read about doing the Pre-mix conversion ... right now, it "may" be an option, as I found that, looks like the oil reservoir is filled with "4 stroke" Yamalube! (boat has 2 - 2 stroke engines!) Sigh ... another thing to do on my list. Not sure if I'll get it on the water this year ... :((

So I assume that I have to empty that out as much as I can to put the 2 stroke oil in. May think about the conversion now. LOL

ALSO... if anyone can respond, Questions!!!
1) So you can't buy a spark plug wires to replace the old ones, as in auto's!? (I see where I can send the wires/coil covers in to get redone)
2) Are basic "high flow" Fuel Filters ok to use!? I assume a 1/4" line (can't find specs on any of the layouts online of the boat), with magnets in them? They go for $2-5each, where-as anything Yamaha branded (even the 3rd party fuel filters) are $25ea+
3) Assume to TRY and use Ethanol free gas, if I can find it. Trailering the boat, and won't be used as often as most do. Will use StaBil
4) Anyone know of a person/place to get "hands on" help!? (Dallas, Tx area) A place close that works on these, says he's booked into January! (wow!)
5) After I moved it, pulled it to a new home on the trailer, had a strong smell of gas, but couldn't find any anywhere... hmmmm
6) Seems all wires are hooked to "one" marine battery, and there's a new smaller one, but not hooked up... a problem!? Can both engines work off of 1 battery or does it need to be wired to 2/both at all times?
7) Have order new spark plugs... IF I get it all started/running, just use them as is for the short time remaining this year? Or go ahead and replace them now and also use them next season?
8) Still need to "change out" the oil lines (if I keep them! lol) There was a place to order a "kit" for this/these wasn't there!? And the gas lines too? (and more!?)
9) Etc etc etc .... sure I'm missing things but ... whew, got myself into a "time machine" for sure!

Thanks for the help!