• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

WTF!?!?! <Gelcoat imperfections>

Personally, I feel @Glassman expressed this correctly, and to quote him .........
"I doubt that anyone else will ever see that spot unless you point it out and even then it's hard to see as a defect - just using this sample of Yamaha boat owners as an example.
And when you are inside blasting across a lake it will be the last thing on your mind - so go have fun and don't sweat it."

If this was a $150,000 Malibu, I feel you POSSIBLY might have a case. But I know of Malibu's who occasionally get delivered like this. Nothing is "immune" from Fiberglass boat imperfections.
It's part of the fun. I sincerely hope you can see past this, and focus solely on the FUN you are gonna have with yourself, your family & your Friends.
My only other comment is to wish you a wonderful 2015 Boat Year ! Take care, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

I see it. It looks like my boat when I look down the hull the same way.

It's not going to ruin my fun, but it is a little upsetting to spend close to $50,000 and it not be right... Maybe I'm overreacting.

Would you accept a new car that looked like that though?

I think this is the accepted quality that Yamaha customers tolerate. They could improve their fiberglass quality but would come as a major price hike for us.

Does it look like that when you are out in full sun or did the reflections just draw attention to it? Sadly, it is what it is. I didn't notice mine imperfections until I was doing some up close detailing weeks after I bought it.

Just my opinion folks, I agree with Parsons. Why should one have to accept a rippling gelcoat look when 99% of other Yami's don't have it.

I bought my Yamaha on the recommended quality, looks, and performance that my dealer & Yamaha advertizes. If I wanted to ignore gelcoat imperfections, hell I would have bought a used or anything that floated to just enjoy the waters.

Like I said 'just my opinion'.....Parson's, if the sidewall is not constructed like the other Boats on you're dealers lot, I'd be consulting w/Yamaha & Dealer.

And no, I would not accept a car like that unless the other cars were identical and meant to be that way.

@parsons Can you feel the imperfections? By all means give your dealer a call and email them the pictures and video and see what they say, can't hurt to ask.

Yes I can feel the imperfections, and once I get more/better pics I'll be calling.

When I was shopping, I went back and forth between the yamaha and a moomba, one look down the side of a used moomba changed that for me. There was so much wave in the fiberglass, a guy could have got sea sick staring at it.

you might also find the 1% moomba to also have an imperfection after you purchase. I have a couple spots in my gelcoat that are not perfect. A little wavy hear and there. only noticed when it is parked in my garage and i am looking at it the way you show your pictures. (at an angle from back to front) never able to see when looking straight on.

Back