• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

XR1800 Starter Motor Bracket

stevehill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahoy Boaters:

I was a happy new jet boater! and then...

I just purchased a 2000 Yamaha XR1800 jet boat and on the first trip out after a little while the RPMs dropped from 7000 to 5000. Upon returning to the dock I could not get the engine to fire again. I ordered a new starter and when I went to replace it noticed that the bracket the starter was attached too was shattered. I have looked over all the parts diagrams on the Yamaha website and can't figure out the part number. Would anyone know of a part # for this piece? There is a bolt that goes through the bottom of the crankcase (up/down) that is attached to this part. This part has two bolt holes on it that the starter attaches too.

I attached a couple of images in case they help, one is of the exploded support bracket and the other shows the crankcase where the long bolt goes through.

Hoping someone can help !

Thanks!
Steve.

Attachments

Last edited:

stevehill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I finally figured out the root cause of the problem. The picture shown isn't a pin that has a bracket on it, but rather the side of the motor housing blew out presumably from the middle piston crashing into it. This explained why I could not figure out a part #. Over the weekend the engine was switched out and I am ready to boat again!