• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Y.E.S. warranty transferable to 3rd owner?

Outkastkings

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Other
I was trying to look back through old threads and find a clear answer but couldn’t seem to. Just wanting to verify that Y.E.S. is transferable to a 3rd owner. Thanks everyone!

Based off their FAQ I don’t believe it’s transferable beyond the 2nd owner.

D6D1635F-7D5E-41E8-80AF-450F02154379.png

From all the YES contracts I have ever owned on multiple Yamaha products, the YES contract followed the VIN or Hull ID, not the owner. This applied to Sleds, ATV's, Boats and Waverunners.

In fact, I bought three snowmobiles slightly used, only to run the VIN after the transaction to find they were still covered, and I was able to get warranty work done on them! Keep in mind, having a good relationship with the dealer helps as well, as it's up to them to run the VIN and prove it's covered or not.

When I purchased my private sale used 212S, I contacted the local yamaha dealer about the YES and was told I needed them to perform an inspection to transfer the YES warranty (maybe BS). But I think it worked out, before I purchased I had the dealer perform the inspection, once the boat checked out, the seller meet me at the dealer, the sale was finalized there and I had my yes warranty. I also had a beautiful 212S ?

A little off topic but am I able to purchase the YES warranty after I purchase the boat before the factory warranty expires or do I have to do it day of purchase?

Up to 1 year you have to purchase it. I passed on mine when I bought the boat. They started marketing to me 3-4 months later via email. At about 10 months they started discounting the price, that is when I purchased mine. Right around 10 months. You don't have to pay for it all as well, you can pay in upto 4 installments. I just put it on my credit card and they took it over 4 months in equal payments, no interest.

Up to 1 year you have to purchase it. I passed on mine when I bought the boat. They started marketing to me 3-4 months later via email. At about 10 months they started discounting the price, that is when I purchased mine. Right around 10 months. You don't have to pay for it all as well, you can pay in upto 4 installments. I just put it on my credit card and they took it over 4 months in equal payments, no interest.
Awesome thanks for the info!

Back