• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yahama 27Se here it is

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ve been wanting a bigger Yamaha for years and of course they release one as soon as I move on to a pontoon. I’m not Upset though cause that is an ugly boat. Those side windows are hideous. Love to drive one in rough water and see how it handles. That was the main reason I had to get rid of Yamaha the ride in the chop was back breaking.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ugly overpriced boat. Still only one tie rod to the AK? I wonder how many broken steering cables will be had?

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Like others have said, it looks like they just made extra long loungers and made it 6" wider. If they are going to go beyond 8'-6" Beam, you think they should have just gone an extra 12"-24", if you can't tow it at 9'-0", why not go even wider. The cost seems reasonable for the size of the boat, but I haven't priced other boats in this category to know for sure. Certainly don't need something like this for the lakes of northern Wisconsin.
That's a "Lake Michigan" boat.

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
30-60k more than the E series-yikes!

Feeling better about dropping 70k now.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
30-60k more than the E series-yikes!

Feeling better about dropping 70k now.
242x is a proven boat. Don't second guess your decision. You're gonna love it as I'll love my 212x.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Am I the only the thinks the boat looks bad ass ? Side windows look sweet and bring a modern touch to the boat. Way out of my price range and can’t tow, but I sure hope that the design and features trickle down.

I will say the pictures provided aren’t very flattering. The videos from Yamaha show it much better.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m a big Yamaha fan however the window reminds me of a Bayliner from the 90’s. I know that this look is on some bigger high end boats just not for me.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's a "Lake Michigan" boat.
True, but I'd want a 35-40' cabin crusier if I was routinely headed out on Lake Michigan.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Am I the only the thinks the boat looks bad ass ? Side windows look sweet and bring a modern touch to the boat. Way out of my price range and can’t tow, but I sure hope that the design and features trickle down.

I will say the pictures provided aren’t very flattering. The videos from Yamaha show it much better.
I like the look of the boat, I like the side windows just fine, don't even mind the 'in-set' windshield. But I would have carried over the fiberglass molded frame at the sides through the windshield too. Ignoring the styling, which I understand can be very subjective, the windshield just looks cheap by using the typical black aluminum frame, compared to the cool molded side windows.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, I like the boat. Is it for everyone, nope. Would I by one? Nope. If you buy used you can get ALOT of boat that you can sleep in with a/c for what they want for this new Yamaha. It's over wide anyway so you won't be able to tow it legally as much as the other models so you'll have to slip it or park at the marina storage. You'll need a stout truck to haul it out too!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
True, but I'd want a 35-40' cabin crusier if I was routinely headed out on Lake Michigan.
I make the routine as much as possible.
21' boat. a 27' boat would be a blast.
If I could get the range projected on that thing that would be nice. I want to go from Portage up the coast of Michigan and visit a friend or two along the way. Maybe get my behind up to Mackinac.
But, I wonder if a 240 with trim tabs would do it?
I would love to see a cabin go fast version.
One big thing Yamaha has over other boats of the 21'-27' range is the dual engines. This means safety in my eyes. Moving up to the 27' range means that other boats will have twin engines.
Although, the other thing that jets get is that low low water capability. I actually ran my boat at idle within 1/2" of hitting bottom in Bahamas just to see some of the awesome stuff!
I guess you could do something similar with outboards now too