• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YAIT (Yet Another Impeller Thread)

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Coda: Got some grease, repacked the bearings--no problems.

Took pumps to the boat and put them on with the 4 big bolts a piece--no problems.

Attached the reverse gate to the bucket--snapped the end of the port side reverse gate cable off. Figured out that the reverse gate attaches to the cable with a spring-loaded connector. Videos showed that you should detach the bolts on the side. You can do that, but when you are unscrewing and reattaching, you need to hold the bracket with a pliers or something or you will pull against the cable and -- snap! In the future, I would use the spring loaded thing to disconnect.

Supposed to go out Saturday, so I found the die of the right size, so I am hoping I can revive enough thread to reattach the gate at least temporarily. Next thread will apparently be replacing a reverse gate cable... <sigh>
Where'd you get the grease from?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Auto Zone. I know I should have put in some special spec stuff or something, but I just got regular bearing grease. STP, I think.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YAC (Yet Another Coda): When I replaced the reverse gate cable, I used the open silicone caulk to slather some on the intakes from the bottom. All the screws filled, all the cracks/joints filled up as far as I could reach from the bottom. Not perfect, but pretty good. Had it out today for the first time since. Between that and the impeller cleanup, boat seems new again. A win!