• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 10 Hours Service in DFW

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Is anyone going to order the Yamaha Oil Change Kit. Or do you guys have other things in mind as far as getting the right oil. Also what if any difference in the Yamalube that is advertised as "mineral"

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You don't have to use Yamalube. Your favorite 10w 40 from auto parts store or walmart will meet the spec. Some use castrol, penzoil, etc. I used Castrol SynTec blend for a while and then switched to full synthetic mobile one. I would find the K&N oil filter for your engines as they have a convenient nut on the end that you can use a socket to remove and install. Just my 2 cents.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You don't have to use Yamalube. Your favorite 10w 40 from auto parts store or walmart will meet the spec. Some use castrol, penzoil, etc. I used Castrol SynTec blend for a while and then switched to full synthetic mobile one. I would find the K&N oil filter for your engines as they have a convenient nut on the end that you can use a socket to remove and install. Just my 2 cents.
X2 exactly

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
X3 zactly zactly

rickd01

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
with all the emissions BS! I cant see a damn thing

mattmila

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
txav8r,

How much grease do you put in the intermediate bearing housing?

Thanks for your time.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't have an SX190 service manual @mattmila . But the pair of 1.8L to pumps on my SX240 have the same engine, not sure about pump or intermediate housing similarity or differences. The manual says the 10 hour service, which is the first full service to install the grease, takes more grease than annual service following that. Here is the 240/242 service manual instruction on it.
240 intermediate bearing grease.jpg

CTC386

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys!