• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 190 FSH Deluxe oil sensor not going off.

Tkboylan3223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 2017 Yamaha 190 FSH Deluxe and it only has 160 hours on the motor. I have flushed it when its been on saltwater. Done the oil changes on he right hours it needed. I was fishing a trout tournament and coming back in and throttled off and the motor started to chug so I shut if off. NO alarms went off. I lifted the hatch where the motor is and it was hot and there was oil under the motor and around the motor. We put more oil in and checked the oil level as well as let it cool off. When we restarted the motor there was a ticking sound. I took it to a Yamaha jet boat dealer and they said nothing about the oil alarm but did say the motor had good compression. The said it sounded like a bearing. They said the best thing to do is to tear down the motor to find out what caused it. He also said typically they tell the boat owner to put a remanufactured motor back in it to replace the motor that was already in there. The bottom line is they thought at worse case scenario it would be between 5-6k to fix. I also asked if I were to call Yamaha if they would take responsibility for the oil alarm not going off since it only has 160 hours and it malfunctioned. His response was I should wait and have them take apart the motor and let them tell me what the exact problem is and then call Yamaha and if I talk to a person having a good day maybe they would get me the parts needed and they would put them in with me paying for labor........ This seems to me like this is a way for people to make a lot of money and Yamaha doesnt have to stand behind there motor because it only has a 1 year warranty. I purchased the 2017 in 2018 and with 160 hours. Why wouldn’t the oil alarm go off to let me know there was a problem or go into protect mode? Some one please help me understand this..........

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You purchased a used boat?
Did you purchase it from this yamaha dealer?

I don't think if it was a bearing you'd have oil outside the engine unless they think you blew a gasket or oil filter was loose and then lost the bearing,

No idea why the alarm or limp mode didn't kick in, I'd run a yds report on the ecu to see if you had an overheat code

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's the name of the dealer you're talking to

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmmm... Yes, something caused the oil out of the engine. Problem is it will be difficult to tell if the oil leak caused engine damage or if engine damage caused the oil leak. I will grant the former is more likely, but the latter is also possible (for example, an oil pump failure can cause overheat, warp a head and cause a leak).

Any idea from where the oil is coming? When you put more oil in, did it come out as well?

Tkboylan3223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
You purchased a used boat?
Did you purchase it from this yamaha dealer?

I don't think if it was a bearing you'd have oil outside the engine unless they think you blew a gasket or oil filter was loose and then lost the bearing,

No idea why the alarm or limp mode didn't kick in, I'd run a yds report on the ecu to see if you had an overheat code
The boat was purchased new. It came from a boat dealer that sells a lot of different makes of boat. I live on Topsail Island, NC about 35 minutes from Wilmington, NC. Lot’s of boat dealers around us being so close to the ocean......

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Does it still leak oil? Did you figure out where the leak came from? How much oil was required to refill it?

Tkboylan3223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Does it still leak oil? Did you figure out where the leak came from? How much oil was required to refill it?
When this whole thing happened we put more oil in and it was still leaking. The mechanic said it was coming from under the motor

Tkboylan3223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Took it to an authorized dealer and the leak was under the motor and it was bone dry. We put 3 quarts in on the water but it wouldn’t register but a little on the dipstick.

Jizzy242

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve recently got the fsh 190 jet boat and I’ve notice the check engine light is comin on. I scanned it with my candoo pro and it shows code 76. I cleared it and it comes rite back when I start the engine. I went under the console and notice the wires was off from the no wake switch. Can someone help me with putting the wires in the rite spot with a diagram. Thanks