• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 195, buyer input

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am considering the Yamaha AR195 as my next boat coming from an LS2000.

For those of you that bought the 195, can you comment on pros/cons with your first couple of years of usage? I would prefer not to have the connext but that isn't an option.

My LS2000 took me 3 years to purchase and I hope my next boat is decided sooner....

• I boat on a lake as well as the Chesapeake bay when there are 1-2' waves tops.
  • We wakeboard and fish as well as the usual cruising to sandbars and dock-ups
  • Usually 4-5 people and sometimes I go solo (fish, working from home)
  • I trailer with an SUV, 5500 lb tow rating
  • Coming from an LS2000 twin engine, I have some concern about only having 1 engine.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would say a 195 sounds like a solid fit for what you want to do. I will say that the wakeboard wake is going to be small on a 195, but you can always add some ballast weight to make it a little more fun. It is a really great all around boat and quite simple to handle solo.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The wakeboard wake is fairly small, and adding ballast it is difficult to keep a steady speed. We fish off ours as well, I added the Mate Series cup/rod combos to the transom. They have worked great for bobbing fishing, we'll be taking them trolling next weekend to see how they work in that format as well.

I tow with an explorer with the same tow rating, and have had no major issues. It works a bit hard on steeper inclines, but it will get the job done. We have quite a few hills to get to our local lake, so next summer we'll probably upgrade to a pickup with more towing capacity.

We've gone out with 4 adults and 4 kids (5-7 year old) without any issues for space, so you should be fine in that regard.

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just did this upgrade from a 2003 LX210 to a AR195. I have mixed feelings right now. Comfort, storage and other non performance related items I am very very happy. However, from a performance perspective it is not even close to keeping up with my LX210. From a dead stop to the top end I am a full 4 to 5 boat lengths behind it. Also in the turns the LX210 turns like it is on rails whereas the AR195 takes a wide arch.

Oh, last thing...the AR195 rides a lot better through rough waters.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed, I have since bought an AR210. It’s not nearly the performance BUT ....

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a 190 which handles 1 to 2 footers and a Lil more with no problem. Have had 6 adults on board all day and boat was comfortable and still had room. Seems like a 195 would be a good fit for you.