• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 195S

Jeff Brown

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Hi all, we're brand new to the site and look forward to some interesting conversations with fellow jet boaters! I'm wondering if anybody wants to comment on the space/ layout of a Yamaha 195S? We currently have a Scarab 215 HO and love the boat, however are having some serious problems and are not impressed at all with our dealer. I think they're trying but just not very knowledgeable of the product or capable of really stepping up for us. Considering changing to the Yammy but would have to go with 195 due to storage space. I'm concerned about downgrading in size, however, by the numbers, the size is very comparable thanks to efficient use of cabin space. Also concerned a little about the step down in power. Thanks for the help!

Jeff Brown

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
53-54 pretty consistently. I’ve hit 55 on glass with just me.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You will probably downgrade a bit on speed, I have a 2019 195 and I hit about 50 on glass, normally around 45.

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We topped out on 47 with 6 people on board our 195S. Will probably do a high speed run with just myself next week during a camping trip (I don’t get the opportunity very often). Plenty of storage room for our needs (daily trips, and overnight camping). Very happy with the boat so far.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
53-54 pretty consistently. I’ve hit 55 on glass with just me.
Yes I agree with @BrandonG you are going to be down a bit on mph switching to the 195S.

Not sure how to make that decision personally....seems like a tough one. Before we purchased our Ar192 we were looking really hard at a Glastron 187 with the 250 Rotax engine, the boat was beautiful, had the stereo, great colours, nice trailer, but I just couldn't force myself to buy it as Glastron stopped making the jet boats and I just wasn't confident that the reliability was there with that model. I feel good with my decision, but the Yamaha is quite a bit more plain, but should be really solid for years to come.

Jeff Brown

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Thanks for all the responses guys. I. appreciate the opinions very much. We’ll get our Scarab fixed and ride out the summer. We’ll look hard at the Yamaha over the winter. My Yamaha dealer has been out of them for a month so I can’t even sit in one. Hence all the layout questions. Again, thanks for having the forum here and the info. Much appreciated.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi all, we're brand new to the site and look forward to some interesting conversations with fellow jet boaters! I'm wondering if anybody wants to comment on the space/ layout of a Yamaha 195S? We currently have a Scarab 215 HO and love the boat, however are having some serious problems and are not impressed at all with our dealer.
If you truly like the boat, trading in will be a heavy financial loss. Instead how about contacting Scarab and let them know the dealer is not meeting their obligations - most manufacturers don't take kindly to dealers pissing off their customers.

Jeff Brown

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
If you truly like the boat, trading in will be a heavy financial loss. Instead how about contacting Scarab and let them know the dealer is not meeting their obligations - most manufacturers don't take kindly to dealers pissing off their customers.
Thanks. And about the Financial loss. And we do really like the boat. We actually went through Scarab as well and really were impressed with Scarab the least. I think the dealer is trying, it just took them longer than I would like to get Scarab and Rotax to listen. Got a call tonight and the wheels are in motion to get it repaired. Hopefully we’ll be Back on the water soon and this will all just be a six week memory I’d like to forget.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks. And about the Financial loss. And we do really like the boat. We actually went through Scarab as well and really were impressed with Scarab the least. I think the dealer is trying, it just took them longer than I would like to get Scarab and Rotax to listen. Got a call tonight and the wheels are in motion to get it repaired. Hopefully we’ll be Back on the water soon and this will all just be a six week memory I’d like to forget.
That's good to hear...some dealers just don't care about their customers after the sale. Others are fantastic. Too bad they can't all be decent.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's good to hear...some dealers just don't care about their customers after the sale. Others are fantastic. Too bad they can't all be decent.
FACT! My 2019 had the bunk boards on the trailer positioned wrong from the factory and it damaged the speedo wheel in the hull. Tried to get my dealer to fix it and gave up after a few months. Im sure if its something where they can make an exorbitant amount of money from you for their service department their service becomes top notch.