• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2008 SX210

Bryan Halsey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My STBD engine will get up to 8000 RPM on the hose but will not get over 6500 in the river. Is this an impeller issue? There isn’t a blockage and the clean out plug is intact.

Oil level okay? Air filter good? Last time you changed the spark plugs? Those are the easy fixes. I assume you have the MR1 engines?

Good point about the air filter the mr1 engines clog the filter if you overfill the oil and that obviously chokes the engine at higher r p m's

Sparks are fresh, oil is good, air filter is good. I’m at a loss to why it shows no issues on the hose but bogs down in the river.

Sparks are fresh, oil is good, air filter is good. I’m at a loss to why it shows no issues on the hose.

Lots of things can keep an engine from max RPM under load. I would start with the throttle position sensor TPS and the Mass Air flow Sencer MAP both of these sensors could react quite different with no load verse loaded engine. MAP is really important to the fuel injectors output.

Nice thing is you can swap them off the good engine and see if it follows the sensor.

Back