• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2012 limited electrical issue

Raindude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi all, I was trying to wire my gps power into the +/- of the radio. I accidentally touched them together and the radio went out. Ok, so I then noticed my blower and everything else was not working. I then started the boat,, no issue. I checked both sets of fuses that seem fine. So, does anyone know if there is another master power relay/fuse I should check??? Read about a 20 amp fuse in the battery compartment for accessories but think that since I got power out of my fuses and the manual speaks to this, then that is not the issue. Thanks so much,,,Ray

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you say you checked both sets of fuses, what fuses are you saying you checked?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's never a good idea to tap into another power source of one device to "piggyback" power and ground for another device. Distribution blocks being the exception of course.

Raindude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi all, I was trying to wire my gps power into the +/- of the radio. I accidentally touched them together and the radio went out. Ok, so I then noticed my blower and everything else was not working. I then started the boat,, no issue. I checked both sets of fuses that seem fine. So, does anyone know if there is another master power relay/fuse I should check??? Read about a 20 amp fuse in the battery compartment for accessories but think that since I got power out of my fuses and the manual speaks to this, then that is not the issue. Thanks so much,,,Ray[/QUO

Scrap that,, sure enough, went back to the manual and saw the ‘tip’ where it mentions the accessory fuse in the battery compartment,,,, viola,, tres bien,, replaced and problem solved. Sorry for the false alarm but hope it may help others. Ray

Raindude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When you say you checked both sets of fuses, what fuses are you saying you checked?
Bad habit from when I was a kid installing car stereos and equalizers. Lol

Raindude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In the engine compartment, on the back transon behind each engine, there is a screw cap that has 5 fuses and spares. The 20s are for accessories, there is a 30, a couple of 5 and a 10 I think...

Raindude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Read about a 20 amp fuse in the battery compartment,,, bingo.. Replaced,, all is well.. Thanks for the replies. Ray