• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YAMAHA 2013 242 LIMITED S sales price and cost or stereo replacement/pitting on tower

rushbmc101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2013 Yamaha 242 limited s. The sales price is $44000. The boat does not come with a trailer. I don't need one as the boat will stay on my dock year round. A couple of issues that will need attention/replacement are dry rot in the tower speakers and some pitting on the black powdered tower. Some of the other interior speakers may have dry rot too, I will find that out later today.
With every ones experience on here what would be the cost to replace the speakers/sound system and are there solutions to the pitting on the tower. Will this get detrimentally worse if untreated? I have researched the cost of replacing the tower is $7000 upwards so don't want to do that!!
With these issues in mind what do people think of the $44k price tag and how much of a discount if any do you think I can negotiate?

rushbmc101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No I'm in the midwest, Lake of the Ozarks and I'm quite sure the boat has been in the midwest all its life. Is there a way to find that out for sure through the HIN? Thanks for your reply.

Skin6061

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Uhm there is a 2013 limited s in the classfieds for that price I believe. It looks great and has a trailer. I know you don't need a trailer but you can sell it and recoup a couple thousand. 44,000 without a trailer and the issues you talk about seem high.