• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2021 275 SD Radio

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am hoping someone can help answer this question:

What company makes the hardware for the Radio Remote on the back of the Yamaha 2021 275 SD?

I am trying to find out how to remove the remote so I can get access behind it.
I had a 210 and there were bezels I could remove to get access to the screws holding the remote unit on the boat. I have been told the unit is bolted from the back. I hope this isn't true because event that is a difficult task, plus it doesn't make sense. But I have see dumber things done.

I have attached a picture of the remote.
The remote is located on the Starboard side of the swimplatform.

Thanks ahead of time,
Ron

Attachments

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Did you ever get behind this? Im curious what connection/plug it has.

anjboyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Remove cup holder, reach up behind to mounting hardware.

Jbaez18

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you ever find the answer to your question. I’m having the same issue. I would like to add zone 4 tower speakers to the stock system. I noticed there was a zone on the remote that was not being used.

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On the 275SD the unit is secure from BEHIND the unit. There is a U Bracket using a Wing Nut that holds the unit in place. Luckily I did not have to remove the unit to solve my problem.
On a previous boat the unit had 4 stainless screws that held the unit in place. There were covers over the area where the screws were. You remove the covers to access the screws. The gasket between the unit and the boat was a little dry so I had to be careful not to damage it.

If you have an inspection camera you can snake it behind the unit to see if there is a bracket. The inspection cameras are not that expensive. Buy one that allows you to take pictures to review later.

I hope this helps.