• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 210s or Seadoo 210

Snofire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First I want to start out by saying this is a great resource forum. Thanks for all the assistance everyone gives. I apologize now if this in the wrong section.

I'm looking to be a 1st time boat owner and have come into a dilemma. I'm torn between these 2 units that I'm looking to buy used. A 2007 Yamaha SX210 w/ 180hrs w/ twin 110hp that looks great and well taken care of (Private Party sale in michigan). Then there is a 2012 Seadoo Challenger 210s w/ 130hrs w/ single 255hp (my guess is trade-in from FL that is now in TN) and looks great as well.

My head says go with the 2012 as it is newer, more hp, and less hours but something keeps me going back to the 2007 as a really good option. This is where I'm asking you guys for your thoughts. BTW, they are basically priced the same (within $500 of each other).

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Does the SeaDoo have the super charger? Based on that alone I would go with the Yamaha.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If it's supercharger BRP make sure the supercharger has been rebuilt at the 100 hours and that they swapped out the ceramic washers for the newer steel washers.

Snofire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it's supercharger BRP make sure the supercharger has been rebuilt at the 100 hours and that they swapped out the ceramic washers for the newer steel washers.
I am finding out now.

Does the SeaDoo have the super charger? Based on that alone I would go with the Yamaha.
My assumption is yes but I will get an answer.

I'm 11hrs away from the Seadoo and 8hrs from Yamaha. No short travels. I have tried looking at CL,Boattrader,Popyachts, and a few other places for these boats but they are priced much higher if they are closer to WI.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Will you be doing your own maintenance & repair? If not be sure to consider your access to competent maintenance help.

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That 2012 210 is probably the S model with a single 250hp supercharged motor with external intercooler. The supercharger rebuild is really nothing to be worried about IMO. Also this motors does not have the ceramic washers that were an issue in the mid 2000's. Many go 200 hours before a SC rebuild in the boats as they are not subject to the same "abuse" the PWC motors are. We're on our 3rd summer with our 210, and very happy with it, I have the twin 215hp. I had both of mine done last year, more for the age rather than hours. If you have more questions about the 210, let me know.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As said, the 250 is a supercharged engine. Those engines also drink premium, vs regular for a yamaha. Supercharger rebuilds run 450 bucks or so. Supercharger rebuilds can be dragged out, but if it fails it trashes the engine.

The yamaha has a different setup for the swim platform you can sit on, the seadoos have loungers and a bigsubpar. I felt like the seadoos were more spacious than the Yamaha, but the Yamaha performs better and has probably a more reliable engine.

I was looking for a 210challenger with twin 155s at first, ended up in a sx230 ho instead for a LOT less. Can't say I regret that at all.