• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 210SX Engine Replacement?

Rick2011SX210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2011 Yamaha 210SX has about 250 hours on each engine in fresh water. The boat is kept in the water for the summer season in the Northeast (about 4 months) in fresh water. I change the oil and flush freeze ban ( pink stuff) at the end of every season and store indoors for the off seasons. Over the past summer I began to get some water mixed in the oil of one engine.

Dealer telling me that the oil contamination is due to cylinder walls corrosion and that likely the only option is engine replacement.

Has anyone had this experience And what did you do?

Any ideas on what options/costs I may have such as rebuild, aftermarket (SBT?), scrap it ( my wife’s idea) ?

Suggestions as to what I may have done wrong so I can prevent this from happening again?