• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YAMAHA 222 XD BCU issue. Starboard engine.

bramer1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Other
Purchased a new 222 XD. Really excited about purchase. Followed proper break-in protocol. 2nd day of use starboard engine BCU code shows up on screen. Motor stays in reverse and will not go into neutral or Forward. Turned power off and back on still no movement . Anyone experienced this or have any suggestions? Voltage is 12.5 volts on House and Starter batteries. 3 hours on both engines. Thanks in advance!

I would charge your batteries - 12.5 is about 80% and *should be* good, but these boats seem to be extremely sensitive to low voltages.

I would charge your batteries - 12.5 is about 80% and *should be* good, but these boats seem to be extremely sensitive to low voltages.
Thanks. I had the batteries on charge all night. They are brand new as well. It’s weird as soon as you activate the key it says 11.4 volts and after the blower kicks on they both ( house and starter) go to 12.5 volts.

Thanks. I had the batteries on charge all night. They are brand new as well. It’s weird as soon as you activate the key it says 11.4 volts and after the blower kicks on they both ( house and starter) go to 12.5 volts.
Um, that is weird... A fully charged battery should go to 12.9 right away. Running the blower can temp reduce the voltage reading, but shutting the blower off should put you back to 12.7-9. Check your grounds again. There's an extra "ground" from the battery switches that needs to be on a negative terminal.

What kind of batteries are they? New, but cheap, batteries could go bad.

Um, that is weird... A fully charged battery should go to 12.9 right away. Running the blower can temp reduce the voltage reading, but shutting the blower off should put you back to 12.7-9. Check your grounds again. There's an extra "ground" from the battery switches that needs to be on a negative terminal.

What kind of batteries are they? New, but cheap, batteries could go bad.
Had a similar issue last night. One motor said reverse and other in neutral. However boat would not move. Ended up being rocks I sucked up. Cleaned it up and now I am good.

Yes, check motion of the buckets. Check your manual,. I think there is a procedure to unhook the movement from from the actuator?, check manual operation. If you have debris preventing the movement of the gates you can get that error. And might as well get familiar with how to shift manually if needed. You need to determine if the gates are creating more resistance due to debris/rocks in the way, or if the electrical movement is indeed giving an issue.

(Ultimately you could take it back to the dealer so they can do it, but that will probably take a little bit of time, if it's easy, might as well handle it at home and save time)

Thanks so much everyone. The dealer is picking it up tomorrow! He’s been stellar with his efforts!! Will keep y’all apprised!!

Back