• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starboard engine will not turn over - 2004 Yamaha SX230

Austin0514

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Preface- I recently was given a non running boat by a collegue who moved north and could not take it with him. I was informed that the boat would not run. So I took it upon myself to rebuild it. The port engine was fine. However the starboard was seized and would not turn over. I rebuilt the engine and it turned over perfectly with the starter. I placed the engine back in the boat and reconnected all of the electrical connections. However the engine will not turn over via the key.
Some things to note:

I tested the continuity of the key and the key switch was good( I was getting power to the key)

the starter selenoid is good and engine will turn over if power is directly supplied to it.

when I supply 12 volts directly from the key switch connector corresponding to the selenoid switch, I can sometimes hear a clicking sound from the main pump/relay box in the main electrical box.

im 19, and not very familiar with jet boats so any input would be appreciated!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
is the pump locked up

Austin0514

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, jet pump is not locked up and will spin freely when selenoid is fed power direct from battery

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
did you check the rear hatch switch and the kill switch for the lanyard